Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

respray bonnet or repair stone chips ?????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• respray bonnet or repair stone chips ?????

was gunna get the bonnet resprayed this weekend due to stonechips .

got rid of the burg for a used 1.8 sri in black , thing is it`s got stone chips and with it being black seem to show up more , 1st though was to get bonnet sprayed ,

there was a few stonechips already repaired which i only noticed once i clayed the car and tbh they wasn`t repaired too good .

anyway seen i was gunna get the bonnet resprayed i`de thought i`de play about with different polishes on the bonnet and now i`ve done this the badly replaired stoned chips have disapeared .

now i`m thinking of repairing the other stonechips as can do a better job than what was previously done on other stonechips .

bare in mind this car is a daily runabout and no doubt will get more stonechips anyway .

i`m thinking it may be money wasted getting a respray .

your views please

cheers

Daz

Have a go at repairing them mate. If you aren't happy then fork out for respray. Simples
    The more money you save the more detailing products you can buy

Comment

Originally posted by Punjabi_Zafira View Post
      Have a go at repairing them mate. If you aren't happy then fork out for respray. Simples
      The more money you save the more detailing products you can buy
      tbh mate thats what i`m thinking .

Comment

I agree with the above mate, i would only consider a respray if it was on par with Branos thats cought measles

Comment

Daz mate i spent £200 on a bonnet respray and 6 months later it was as bad as before so if you can budget for £400 a year just to get ya bonnet done then thats your answer
          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

My mate got his bonnet resprayed for 70

Comment

your lookin at bout 100 qiud mate but everyplace is diferent. Vauxhaul paint is crap mate, i resprayed my bonnet and bumper the other week and used miles better paint, might last a bit longer now, lol

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                My mate got his bonnet resprayed for 70
                i would be worried about the quality for that price!

that said my £200 was wasted after only a few months
                Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Excellent quality the lad got his own respray place set up.

Comment

Depends on which paint you use also, u can buy an anti scratch clearcoat now that is a lot more tougher, its a lot more durable and not as brittle as the oe paintwork, so the stones dont chip as much, obviously u still get chips but not as much.

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Working...
                    X