Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOA All Kumho KU31 – Vredestein – Falken 452 owners.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOA All Kumho KU31 – Vredestein – Falken 452 owners.

It has come to the time were I need to get new tyres all round and these are the tyres that I narrowed it down to for my budget.

Do you have any plus or negative comments about the tyres atall?

Also is there anyone who lives in the Aylesbury/Milton Keynes area who has these tyres that I could see how they handle at all before I fork out the money I don’t really have?

Thank you everyone.

Originally posted by Cobers VXR View Post

It has come to the time were I need to get new tyres all round and these are the tyres that I narrowed it down to for my budget.

Also is there anyone who lives in the Aylesbury/Milton Keynes area who has these tyres that I could see how they handle at all before I fork out the money I don’t really have?

Thank you everyone.

recommend Vredestein by miles, one of the best tyres out there

Comment

iv got the ku31 on and havnt had any problems with grip or handling with them and ill be puting them on again no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Cobers VXR View Post

Thank you everyone.

Rubber knicker

IMO dont have any of the said above - never seriously penny pinch on the things which are your only contact with the road

Originally posted by smithy View Post
        Probably the best of the three tho'
        sigpic

Comment

I have falken on the front and the old Ku19s on the back (the ones which the 31s have replaced) although they used to be on the front. Have to say I much preferred the Ku19s on the front, and the 31s are a very similar tyre, they are very sticky and have a good lifespan, around 15k ish.

The falkens on the front started off feeling very slippy and not very grippy at all, but now they have started to wear in they are getting a bit more sticky, they seem to be lasting a lot longer though. A major downside with them is I find myself making tiny corrections to the steering to keep in a straight line, which can be frustrating, and the Kumhos never did that.

If I had my way I would have kumhos all round, but if money was no object I would definitely go for goodyear f1s they are amazing.

Hth mate
          Astra Edition #105
          Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Im looking at ordering some this month so i could do with some info on these also???

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

hearing a lot of good reports on the Kuhmo may look to these for my next tyres when needed,

only heard from 1 guy about the Falken 452 (not an Astra) reckoned they were very poor in the wet and noisy

the Vredestein gets good write ups but i haven't heard personal reports about them other than what Freelancer303 has mentioned (i think he has them )
              Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

lots of guys have vredesteins on here and they are superb. dont hesitate.

i found them better than the contis, goodyears aswell.

Comment

Have a read of this. some good points and opinions.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...t=859316&mid=0

Comment

I'm running Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas on the front of mine. I love them grip very well in wet and dry. Only time I find them a bit dodgy is if its greasy....i.e. slightly wet. Not sure why.

But they are great tyres. Wear well too. You need to run them in for about 200 miles though.

Comment

I have the 452s all round on my astra and got to say for everyday driving there a good tyre.. Even in the wet they perform very good for there price..

But i did let my mate who is a amatuer racing driver and he did show me things i never knew would happen with middle range budget tyres.. the tyres were slipping quite abit on the roundabouts. but like said mate i never drive like a racing driver and never will so unless your planning on track days etc or even driving round corners at mack 10 then i would highly recommend the falkens
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smithy View Post
                        Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                        Rubber knicker

IMO dont have any of the said above - never seriously penny pinch on the things which are your only contact with the road

Probably the best of the three tho'
                        Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
                        Im looking at ordering some this month so i could do with some info on these also???
                        Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                        lots of guys have vredesteins on here and they are superb. dont hesitate.

i found them better than the contis, goodyears aswell.
                        Originally posted by Ben Jk View Post
                        I'm running Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas on the front of mine. I love them grip very well in wet and dry. Only time I find them a bit dodgy is if its greasy....i.e. slightly wet. Not sure why.

But they are great tyres. Wear well too. You need to run them in for about 200 miles though.
                        Vredestein fantastic tyres mate and well priced and last for a long time over some of the others!

Comment

I have got the kumho ku31 all round and i havent had any problems, i have also had a couple of sets of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have the Ultrac Sesantas on the Vectra Estate and find them much better than the Conti 2s it came with in every respect,noise grip wet and dry plus general tracking,may pay for this with a bit more wear but after 1000 miles they look fine.

Comment

Ok i can show you what a GP circuit does to Contis and does to 452's.

I spent best part of 8 laps trying to crash my car round the Ring a few months back. Like any medium range tyre they are not built to be ragged round town, in the wet or anything like this.

But having said this, the lad i was chasing round the Ring, he chased me etc and i followed him did not seem to have any better tyres then me and he was running PZeros.

I can tell you that i was quite impressed by the 2 front 452s i have

Comment

Working...
                              X