X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenlight insurance

Hi Folks

Just renewed my insurance and Greenlight were much more competitive than anywhere else.

Fully comp on my Stage 2 VXR with all mods declared for £572, I'm 26 with 4 years NCB and I am not in a cheap postcode being in Belfast too.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Some good news mate! Always nice to save a few quid on your insurance

Comment

i got insured with them this year beat flux by £400 both through highway same spec policy.
      sigpic
      courts stage 3 297bhp 343ft/lbs

vxr gone onwards an upwards

Comment

They were the cheapest for me when I renewed my VXR insurance, but that's all they were good for.

I paid them £900 upfront of my insurance for the year, but I took the policy out on a Saturday after initially getting a quote during the week. I asked on the Saturday to add a named driver to my policy, the dude said he couldn't do it at the time but if I rang back on Monday they could do it. Nevertheless, he took her details and said there'd be neither an increase or decrease. I was quite happy with this. I then rang back on the Monday and gave the chap I spoke to the run down, he then started asking about what car she drove day to day and so forth and he came back with a sum of £250 to add her to the policy!!!!! After arguing with him about it, after what I had been told the other day and handing over £900, they refused to budge and I would've had to pay the £250. Not happy!! So I left it.

Nearer the date we were going out for the day, I rang back to get her added on the policy for a day, expecting to pay about £30 or something, I was then told that it would be cheaper for me to add her permanently than just for 1-7 days... So this chap I spoke to on this occasion kindly added her to my policy permanently for £25... yet 4 weeks prior to this, someone was gonna try and bend me over to the tune of £250 odd. Absolute muppets!!!

After selling my Astra, I asked for a quote on my Cupra R, they said the wouldn't entertain that because it's over £17k in value and I'm not 25 or older so they wouldn't do it... Bit of a nightmare and a pain in the hoop, but I've just gotta get on with it. So inbetween selling my Astra (last month) and getting my Cupra R (October coming) I intended to buy myself a cheap run around to get me about until I get my newun... I rang just to check that something like an old T reg Audi A3 1.6 wouldn't be a problem and then I'm spun ANOTHER line... "We will only insure a performance car" So if I got a 1.8T Audi A3, that's okay... but not a 1.6... How completely and utterly irritating!

In the end I rang up to cancel, only to be told I couldn't have my refund for 30 days... yet they're quick enough to take my £900 off me. I rang up to cancel my policy on 28th June and I still to this day have not received my £600. Bunch of morons.

They're the cheapest company to insure but by far the most annoying to deal with.
        Ignorance is temporary... Stupidity lasts forever.

Comment

rub it in

Comment

Smil3r not trying to condone their actions but they only insure performance cars and always have done thus the 1.6 A3 wouldn't be covered.

They are a small company tailored to the performance market and they do have some weird stipulations / exceptions such as you discovered regarding your Leon.

I agree it is strange or poor regarding adding the second driver, if you ever have any problems speak to Tony the owner. I have been insured with them for the last 3 years now and have had no issues to date.
            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
              Smil3r not trying to condone their actions but they only insure performance cars and always have done thus the 1.6 A3 wouldn't be covered.

They are a small company tailored to the performance market and they do have some weird stipulations / exceptions such as you discovered regarding your Leon.

I agree it is strange or poor regarding adding the second driver, if you ever have any problems speak to Tony the owner. I have been insured with them for the last 3 years now and have had no issues to date.
              I can appreciate they only insure performance cars, but I explained to them I needed an interim car for about 3 months at most. I didn't want a refund for the difference or anything... I merely wanted to change my car to something else until my new one arrived, but they just point blank refused.

Their loss in the end I suppose cause I've taken my thousand pound and given it to someone else *shrugs*
              Ignorance is temporary... Stupidity lasts forever.

Comment

Working...
              X