This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this good???

Full Clifford avantguard 5.5 with all sensors, proximity, tilt etc, engine start and blackjax supplied and fitted for £650???
    sigpic

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
    Full Clifford avantguard 5.5 with all sensors, proximity, tilt etc, engine start and blackjax supplied and fitted for £650???
    The exact same system I have on mine, I would highly recommend it. Well it saved my car the other night!

I paid £580 fitted for mine with remote start so its not a bad price, however I did go to school with the son of the guy who fitted it for me so he did me a tidy price.

It will pay for its self anyway mate if you looking to keep the car! With my close shave last week I think its worth every penny of £650!

Comment

i paid 500 probs because its a corsa... some reason since i got that alarm everyones getting them lol joking mate

proper fantastic alarm make sure it has remote start

Comment

They are top quality systems I have had 2 in the past buy it mate.!!!

question..... is it true that the remote start cancels the cat1 catogry..??? As Im sure I read it somewhere.
        ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

no mate it dont ^

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
            They are top quality systems I have had 2 in the past buy it mate.!!!

question..... is it true that the remote start cancels the cat1 catogry..??? As Im sure I read it somewhere.
            Thats right, tell the insurance company it has remote start and a lot of them will either remove the cat 1 classification, or refuse to insure the car, I think even the Clifford site has some small print about that - I'm feeling too lethargic to check tho

Comment

cmon find it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                The exact same system I have on mine, I would highly recommend it. Well it saved my car the other night!

I paid £580 fitted for mine with remote start so its not a bad price, however I did go to school with the son of the guy who fitted it for me so he did me a tidy price.

It will pay for its self anyway mate if you looking to keep the car! With my close shave last week I think its worth every penny of £650!
                What happened mate?
                Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                  cmon find it lol

still the best alarms IMHO
                  ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

how come i paid 500 and i had everything on it... i didnt even know the guys at the company really

Comment

deffo best alarms just dont know what id do with out it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                        What happened mate?
                        Very long story mate..

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                          cmon find it lol
                          Righty, in all fairness, you are correct, I just searched and couldnt find it again, which suggests to me my senile brain made it up to me

I even googled the subject and it does seem a grey area with several companies and forums taking turns saying yes/no, as I have a clifford alarm (see I wasnt bashing ) and would love the remote start (engineer told me it does invalidate when fitting) I even phoned two fitters up, one of who told me yes, one told me no

So, if anyone can help find something official from an insurance company, or from thatcham themselves, that would be great as I would love to know the truth now!

Comment

the suspense is killing me!!!!!!

Comment

IIRC remote start and turbo timer functions are illegal in this country as it is illegal to leave a motor vehicle running with nobody at the controls.

clifford are great systems though , I had a clifford G4 concept system on my MR2 turbo
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                              X