This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corsa d

right guys i know its not a vxr but my girlfriend is looking to get a corsa d, she just wants smaller engine and get a decent amount of mpg compared to her suzuki jimny

can someone explain the difference between each of the versions between the 1litre to 1.3 litres?

i.e whats the diff between 1.0 ecoflex s, 1.0 ecoflex energy and 1.0 life also 1.2sxi?

is it only the 1.3 diesel that comes in 6-speed? what other version diesels are there?

what version would yous reccomend she get?

finally whats the power output of each?
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

right here goes the 1.0 models all have the same engine,the life and energy are like having an sri or a vxr,energy and life are the models of car,the 1.3 is a turbo diesel and has a 6 speed box in the sxi and the only others that have this are the sri turbo and the vxr,hope this helps,go for the 1.3 sxi as it has all the goodies,its 90 bhp and is quicker than all the other corsa's except the turbo sri and the vxr
    Last edited by hoggy a; 21 July 2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

cheers hoggy, so would you recommend the 1.3 cdti? has the most ooomph out of the others, the 6-speed box and is a diesel,

or get a simple 1.0l and get the irmscher kit for a bit of looks?

cash wise to buy there pretty much the same
      Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Is there a new 1.4 sri n/a out now? Im sure i saw one in white at a dealers but i may be wrong.

Comment

i bought my son a new 1.0 and put the full kit on it,sold it within weeks and bought a 1.3 sxi cdti 90 bhp model,we put the full kit on it and hes had it a year now and doesnt moan at all,its now a full vxr rep apart from the wheels and hes got a tuning box on it which takes the power up to about 110-115 bhp,it does 50 mpg and will sit on the motorway all day long doing 90 ish,dont get the 1.0 as it couldnt pull the socks of a dead man

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
            Is there a new 1.4 sri n/a out now? Im sure i saw one in white at a dealers but i may be wrong.
            there is but i dont think its turbo'ed or has a 6 speed box,iam not 100% on this

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
              i bought my son a new 1.0 and put the full kit on it,sold it within weeks and bought a 1.3 sxi cdti 90 bhp model,we put the full kit on it and hes had it a year now and doesnt moan at all,its now a full vxr rep apart from the wheels and hes got a tuning box on it which takes the power up to about 110-115 bhp,it does 50 mpg and will sit on the motorway all day long doing 90 ish,dont get the 1.0 as it couldnt pull the socks of a dead man
              cheers hoggy thats what i sort of had in mind for hers, try get her the vxr rep yet she still gets the mpg, and i swayed towards the diesel as i know you can get a box from abyss or whoever

Comment

i agree,1.3cdti 90bhp all the way.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes mate im positve i saw one at vaux in barnsley, it said sri on the sides and had the sri wheels, it looked tidy tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                    i agree,1.3cdti 90bhp all the way.
                    we will have to stop agreeing here wayne as people will start talking about us next

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
                      cheers hoggy thats what i sort of had in mind for hers, try get her the vxr rep yet she still gets the mpg, and i swayed towards the diesel as i know you can get a box from abyss or whoever
                      thats who our liams is using.a link to our liams car
                      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=95767
                      Last edited by hoggy a; 21 July 2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

1 more qeustion, is the 1.3 cdti sxi the exact same as a 1.3 cdti life/club? if not whats the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
                          1 more qeustion, is the 1.3 cdti sxi the exact same as a 1.3 cdti life/club? if not whats the difference?
                          life and club models are 75 bhp and 5 speed,this are called ecoflex models

Comment

don't get the 5 speed mate,the 6 speed 100mph is 3,000 revs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                              don't get the 5 speed mate,the 6 speed 100mph is 3,000 revs.
                              cheers guys, damn i cant seem to find any that are sxi's on the arnold clark website that will come in with her budget, will have to go in and have a talk with them,

Comment

Working...
                              X