This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Graphs Advice

Right guys i looked at these over and over again and still dont understand them.. basically on my first run was with a faulty AFM? then i put another New AFM on and they compared the 2 here are the graphs below. taken from a camera so sorry for quality, what i dont understand is the way the graph goes to roughly 380lbft then further along it climbs higher a little?

and another graph which i havent got a clue what this one is for

What is really annoying me is that the said i had a Faulty AFM, yeah it looks to be proven on he graphs but how comes theres no fault codes and the car pulls mint and no limp mode etc... and they neer had any sensors connected it was just a power run.. so how could they says its a faulty AFM, could it not be anything else?

also seens as everyones figures were roughly the same even know there were several different setups from Percys PPP kits to courts cdti, mine seemed to get very low gains for the setup i have..

Mine is TMS Stage 2 with 3"scorpion zorst and PPP power pipe and CDTI..

Basically i am after some advice

Cheers
    sigpic

Hmmm its a horrendous looking graph mate, they havnt setup properly or can't use a dyno mate
    sigpic

Comment

What sort of advice you after mate.

Edit i can find out the temp for 17th mate

26 DegC on my Max Outside Air sensor today
      Last edited by Ralphvxr; 22 July 2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
        What sort of advice you after mate.

Edit i can find out the temp for 17th mate

26 DegC on my Max Outside Air sensor today
        this was done on sunday mate was 21Deg roughly..

Just any sort of advice mate, explain whats what.. i aint got a clue.. its just lines on a graph IMO.. should i Buy a new AFM if cars boost fine and no error codes etc.. is there a known code/ fault if the AFM is Faulty
        sigpic

Comment

that really is a terrible looking graph

Comment

Hmmm was hotter then 21 in London on Sunday about 5 DegC hotter.

I am running TMS stage 2 but not had mine RR, whos Dyno was it without trying to put anybody name in mud

Comment

Originally posted by bellamy06 View Post
              that really is a terrible looking graph
              most peoples graphs looked like this...
              sigpic

Comment

Well TBH - it dooesnt really matter about the faulty AFM as that should be free of charge anyway from TMS - get PD Tuning to either call them or better still goto your local TMS PC ?

The graph is what it is, the good thing is that you have both graphs from the same machine so is good for indicating the change in the car. As for results, well thats another tale altogether....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                  Well TBH - it dooesnt really matter about the faulty AFM as that should be free of charge anyway from TMS - get PD Tuning to either call them or better still goto your local TMS PC ?

The graph is what it is, the good thing is that you have both graphs from the same machine so is good for indicating the change in the car. As for results, well thats another tale altogether....
                  care to explain abit more as i dont have any warranty on the bluefin as it was second hand.. and how would the map cause the AFM to break..
                  sigpic

Comment

It wont, what he meant was if you took your Car to TMS they should change the AMF for free if the car is under warrenty but if you got a 2nd hand Bluefin, did you get it all done legal by TMS ?, they should change it for you

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralphvxr;1377975]It wont, what he meant was if you took your Car to TMS they should change the AMF for free if the car is under warrenty but if you got a 2nd hand Bluefin, did you get it all done legal by TMS ?, they should change it for you[/QUOTE

what you mean legal.. only way to get the stage 2 map is to have the handheld bluefin reset by TMS/Superchips, so i assume this is legal.. correct..plus i live in newcastle area so aint driving to TMS for the same price of a AFM as fuel would cost
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                        care to explain abit more as i dont have any warranty on the bluefin as it was second hand.. and how would the map cause the AFM to break..

Yes you do - JT confirmed this some weeks back after I asked the question. I'll try and find the post/thread............

Thats the beauty of going with TMS isnt it - they pay for everything apparently when your car breaks because you are using a TMS map
                        sigpic

Comment

Brett, just try another dyno as that graph is really bad and I think the PD tuning guys dont have a clue how to operate the RR.

it dont look right when you have 245bhp\380lbs ft at 3200rpm
                          Last edited by Dan_vxR; 22 July 2010, 05:34 PM.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Sorry i meant if you paid for TMS to transfer the map over, if your car is under warrenty still with VX then TMS should cover it.

Any TMS service center will work mate as far as i am aware

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                              Yes you do - JT confirmed this some weeks back after I asked the question. I'll try and find the post/thread............

Thats the beauty of going with TMS isnt it - they pay for everything apparently when your car breaks because you are using a TMS map
                              well i have sent TMS a email now with graphs ete. lets hope they do cover this... fingers crossed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X