This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pug 106 Turbo?

Ok someone just told me that a Pug 106 Turbo is faster than an Astra VXR and a Corsa VXR? is this true? because im don't really look into pugs that much. or is this talking utter Bull?

the 106 gti's are quick little cars but have nothing on either the corsa or astra vxr's whoever said that needs to go for a spin in a vxr then he will realise lol
    sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
    Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
    0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

Unless there has been some serious modifications completed then even the GTI won't stand a chance.

There are circa 935kg from memory and the gti has 120bhp standard. With a turbo conversion and associated upgraded hardware components it could feasibly run around 200bhp.

Throttle bodies / high lift cams take them to around 165 bhp

EDIT, just noticed you said it does have a turbo conversion, its very feasible that it could be faster out of the box than both the Corsa and Astra.
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
        Unless there has been some serious modifications completed then even the GTI won't stand a chance.

There are circa 935kg from memory and the gti has 120bhp standard. With a turbo conversion and associated upgraded hardware components it could feasibly run around 200bhp.

Throttle bodies / high lift cams take them to around 165 bhp

EDIT, just noticed you said it does have a turbo conversion, its very feasible that it could be faster out of the box than both the Corsa and Astra.
        LOL but hes saying that his is 350bhp lmao

Comment

Not unless he has spent about 15k on the engine if its even feasible to take the 1.6 lump to that power figure even with serious internal modifications.
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by MartyyVXR View Post
            LOL but hes saying that his is 350bhp lmao
            he talkin out of his rear.. its like sayin my astr ais 600bhp

dream on

Comment

power to weight with enough mods its quite achieveable to sail past a vxr. twisty roads if stripped again not beyond the realms of possible.

Comment

Mate those turbo ones fly!! They weigh as much as my left teste! I was stage 1 and a yellow l06 was behind me and i could not leave it, its one of the quickest things ive come accross, my mate actually knows the lad and said he had throttle boddies cams zorst etc runnind 160 bhp and i was really suprised at it, so a turbo one would be really quick. Theres a corsa vxr against a 106 turbo on youtube, have a look.

Comment

you guys will be suprised what these engines can do, they can hit 250bhp quite easily with forged pistons and rods, its not that expensive to do with these cars really.

RickyP did a supercharged saxo vts and thats pushing 250 with the bigger injectors at 8psi

Comment

Theres a stripped out Pug 106 round my way and its got a S/C on its running about 300bhp sounds the nuts but just cannot get traction.
                    Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                      Mate those turbo ones fly!! They weigh as much as my left teste! I was stage 1 and a yellow l06 was behind me and i could not leave it, its one of the quickest things ive come accross, my mate actually knows the lad and said he had throttle boddies cams zorst etc runnind 160 bhp and i was really suprised at it, so a turbo one would be really quick. Theres a corsa vxr against a 106 turbo on youtube, have a look.
                      Yeah i know but you can't even see the corsa vxr though thats the thing

Comment

Exactly mate lol. Theres another one thats quite short its against an arctic and it slips by, by the looks of things. Did you see the pick up on that vid tho mate?? he is at the end of third gear in about 2 secs

Comment

I had a white 106 gti pushing about 150hp wiv cams, full decat exhaust, port and polished throttle body etc.. and I passed my mates arctic no problem and the bloke I bought my 106 off has a turbo 106 for sale on pistonheads and it is 250hp and is unbelievablly quick I wud say on a level wiv mildly tuned/standard evos so I don't think astra or corsa VXRs have much of a chance LOL
                          sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

^^ i agree they fly like little wasps, but i wouldnt want to hit a hedge in one

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                              Exactly mate lol. Theres another one thats quite short its against an arctic and it slips by, by the looks of things. Did you see the pick up on that vid tho mate?? he is at the end of third gear in about 2 secs
                              Lol yeah i know but it didn't look that fast though. if you watch it it looks rather slow. but yeah as i said im no expert on pugs because the fact is they are chavy cars so i lost intrest in them like i had any intrest in them anyway LOL . I love how chavs think pugs are fast though like the standard ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X