X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid Chris Knott Insurance!!

OK time to vent some frustration!

We had a small accident on April 29th in the astra which was not our fault , we notified our insurance broker (the above mentioned Chris Knott) within 2 hours of the accident.

We were passed to the claims dept and supplied all the details we had and statements inc witness details . After this we were told to await a call from Road Assist regarding further action . We didnt hear from them that day and put it down to them closing early , then no call the next day , or the next and so on.

We again contacted Chris Knott early in June as we had received no communication whatsoever and were told that Road Assist had either misplaced the paperwork or "forgotten" to contact us . Again we waited for them to contact us.

Having heard nothing by early July we contacted them again only to be told as we hadnt supplied the reg number of the person who backed into us they couldnt proceed , we were asked if we could get the reg number for them (dont see why they would need us to do that when we supplied them with the other parties name , address and policy number) .

So now late in July enough is enough , who thinks I should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service ??

Chris Knott was only £17 cheaper than our renewal notice from Elephant last year so in hindsight I rue not paying the extra £17
    sigpic
    Originally posted by soosie
    Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
    Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Not really good enough if you ask me, would be nice if they kept you in the loophole.

would have been nice if you had the number plate but surely that shouldnt stop them?
    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

no it shouldnt , my cousin works for Aviva as a company trainer . She said a reg number isnt really required since we supplied the other parties policy number .

Fair enough we forgot to take note of her reg in the frustration of the accident , but they have been happy to take our monthly premium every month without fail and we have seen no support for this premium.

Considdering asking for a refund of our premium paid so far and going elsewhere!
      sigpic

Comment

not good enough i say...time for a change ! glad they were not the best qoute i got !
        ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

thats not good, but i've been with them for a while but have not had to claim...hopefully if the worst came and had to i would get better service than that. hope you get sorted soon.
          sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

Originally posted by davyw45 View Post
            thats not good, but i've been with them for a while but have not had to claim...hopefully if the worst came and had to i would get better service than that. hope you get sorted soon.
            I hope so too.

Just goes to prove cheaper isnt always better!
            sigpic

Comment

Thats shocking mate. just change your insurance man.

Comment

not for £17 mate...if it was a large ammount i would. hopefully they wake up and get a move on.
                a woman hit me once and i put her details to insurance but since she did not tell hers they said i could not claim....took a while but i got sorted.
                sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

just gone with green light insurance seem ok they quoted £80 cheaper with modifications plus more than dont cover modifications result
                  sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

Yea Chris knot have gone down hill massively in my opinion, if I was you go straight to the financial Ombudsman

Comment

And where is Tim from Chris Knott on here.
                      Nowhere to be seen which is quite a worry.

Comment

Originally posted by MattHVXR View Post
                        And where is Tim from Chris Knott on here.
                        Nowhere to be seen which is quite a worry.
                        ^^^ What he said!!

Comment

hope u get sorted m8 if not i'll be switching to someone else when mines up.

Comment

thats well shocking, hope it gets sorted but i cant see it my self, i think your guna end up paying out your self..

whats the damage on your car buddy????

if i was you id change insurence companys

Comment

Yea I'd be looking further into the matter Andy, this is shocking and I now know who to avoid when renewing my insurance, seems they only want you money,
                              Can't believe its took 2 months and still no where forward, maybe Tim will come and explain but I seriously doubt it
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X