X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mph help please

Hi guys n girls really need your help

Could you please give your opinions on this scenario:

Basically you get caught speeding without knowing. A few days later you get a letter stating you have been caught doing 35 in a 30 zone. (the sheet received was pink) all the sheet says is please provide name address etc etc etc. But no where on this sheet does it state any fixed penalty points...

Prior to this I got a speeding fine I was doing 42 in a 30 zone I know I was young then. But I received a fixed penalty notice with 3 points and 60 fine. Where as this other notice doesn't have the points etc printed on.

My question is would you get points etc for receiving this letter or not?

Cheers and help is much appreciated people

Ryan x

Last time did you get stopped first though so they knew who wa driving?

They need you as the keeper to identify the driver before they can prosecute them?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

just dont reply to the letter
      sigpic

Comment

It will be a NIP, notice of intended prosecution, which you need to fill in and return, they will then decide if you shoulkd be offered a Driver Improvement Scheme, fixed penalty or court.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by billysaph View Post
          just dont reply to the letter
          I wouldnt advise that

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

What's the most likely scenario then moeman say I return the letter as it was only 5mph over?

And no I wasn't stopped first time it was the sane thing with a mobile camera

Comment

correct me if im wrong moeman but dont they have so long to be able to issue one sort ov ticket because a freind of mine got caught speeding and he had a letter through and didnt reply then he had a couple more letters and didnt reply to them and he's heard nothing since (over 12 months ago)
              sigpic

Comment

Was this the result of a fixed or mobile camera then or ???
                sigpic

Comment

Depends on your local scheme, generally for first 2mph over HO guidelines, ie 35, or 36 then DIS would be offered but would depend upon your current licence state and if you had prev done a course.

Comment

For the record it is not me that has been caught speeding. But the person in question has already got 3 points.. But not done any course etc

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                      Was this the result of a fixed or mobile camera then or ???
                      Must have been mbile

Comment

They have 14 days to issue a NIP to the driver once they have been identified, so if Ryan is the reg keeper he gets the first NIP, he has to reply, if he fails to then he can be prosecuted, your mate is in a minority and may find that his licence has been revoked if he has been ignoring letters.
                        If Ryan was not the reg keeper then the process would trundle along until he was named as the driver then he would get an NIP.

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                          They have 14 days to issue a NIP to the driver once they have been identified, so if Ryan is the reg keeper he gets the first NIP, he has to reply, if he fails to then he can be prosecuted, your mate is in a minority and may find that his licence has been revoked if he has been ignoring letters.
                          If Ryan was not the reg keeper then the process would trundle along until he was named as the driver then he would get an NIP.
                          he has passed his hgv test 3 weeks ago so his licence is fine mate could it still be in the process ???
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billysaph View Post
                            he has passed his hgv test 3 weeks ago so his licence is fine mate could it still be in the process ???
                            yes, possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                              yes, possibly.
                              bloody hell that means he could not have passed his hgv test cheers
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X