This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - Is this legal?

I have just been informed by Richarl_VXR that my old car is up for sale on the dealer forecourt from where we purchased the Burg. The issue is that they are using my own plate (which is registered on my Burg) to sell the black VXR. I'm sure this is false advertising and I'm sure they don't have the right to have that plate on that car when it is my plate! Please see link below.

Our Burg is also with them at the moment so they car two cars on their grounds with the same plate on!

We are having endless problems with Brindley Vauxhall and this is now taking the rip!

http://www.brindleyvauxhall.co.uk/us...cleColourId=51

Chris.

I wouldnt worry about it mate, they will get a new plate issued from DVLA for the car when they sell it. But i agree it's a pain seeing your plate on a car on there forecourt.
    I'd simply ask the to take it off and put a VX or astra display plate on it instead.

Comment

It's not illegal mate, they just can't be arsed to take it off or get another reg from the DVLA until they come to sell it. Like Stu said just ask them to take the plates off, if not give us a tenner and I'll go and get them off for you tonight - lol
      Arden Blue Astra VXR '57' private plate, 19's, Keyless, AFL Xenons+leds, Sight&Light, Alpine W502 Double-din headunit, Percy's oil restrictor bolt, PPP , Opel grill, Scorpion 3" , Forge recirc valve, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline adjustable rarb, Custom Intercooler, Colour-coded fog rings, White Carbon Fibre roof, grill & boot strip.

Comment

I saw this car with that reg on when I popped down about a month back, thought to myself I like that registration plate, was told that it belonged to someone tho.

Comment

Why did you leave the plates with them in the 1st place, if you transfered the plate of the old car at your local DVLC ???

What did the V5 form say when you sold the car to them ?
          sigpic

Comment

What does www.askmid.co.uk show the vrm relates to, as Richard says what does your V5 show, who did the transfer?

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

PJ58EVH

Is the reference id on the advert which is more than likely the plate for the car that it will revert to once yours are removed

Astra

Comment

they have put reg PJ58EVH in the link you posted above looks like they just have made any plates up for it yet

edit: beaten to it lol
                2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Arr - ic, looking at the advert and assuming you left them on the car when you sold it to them, looks like they are using them as it looks good and may help a sale. Cheeky I know but good sales tactic that

If they have made those plates up themselves, given that you sold the car as the old VRM - thats naughty....

As stated previous, depends on what you left on the car and what it stated on the V5 form you handed to them
                  sigpic

Comment

The plates were left on the car when we handed the car over to them as they handled the transfer and their V5 states PJ58 EVH ours states V11XER. They are obviously just using it to get attention for the car. I was just under the impression that they had to put the correct plates on after the transfer had happened as it could be classed as false advertising.

Chris.

Comment

Theve prob just no made up plates incase whoever buys it has a private plate to put on it and would save them makin up 2 sets of plates

xx

:vxr:M8 tarmac terrorist:vxr: (M8 TT's)

R.I.P Kal...thoughts with your family
                      R.I.P Kevin...Only the good die young... xx

Comment

just ring them/go to the dealer and ask for them to be removed/update the pics online to the original plate.

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

you can actually go back if its local and take the plates of as they are technically your plates.. then they will have to put temp plate on till sold,i would :P i did when i sold my range rover to buy my veccie,went down after the cherished transfer went through and took the plates of,saved me buying new ones as they were not drilled to fit onto my rangie
                          sapphire black vectra vxr lowered on H&R`s,tints all round,main cat delete,center silencer delete.mapped by rabbid,302.4bhp,420lb torque

Comment

Working...
                          X