This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Young Drivers!!!

75% of them drive like jumped up little knobs with blasting music and big jap can exhausts.

Those of you who ride bikes will know your limited to what you can ride in your first 2 years.

So why dont car drivers get it too?

All drivers below 21 limited to Insurance group 8 or less.
    All new drivers above 21 limited below group 10 or less

All for the first 2 years!

TBH it would cut the amount of accidents as we wouldnt have prats in fast cars causing crashes!

Before anyone tells me any kind of crap excuse. Doesnt matter how safe you are it sthe other ***** out there. Im almost 21 and i would of abided by this rule quite happily.

Off the soap box.

Did you set the limit at 21 as thats how old you are. lol

Originally posted by Danny133 View Post
    75% of them drive like jumped up little knobs with blasting music and big jap can exhausts.

Those of you who ride bikes will know your limited to what you can ride in your first 2 years.

So why dont car drivers get it too?

All drivers below 21 limited to Insurance group 8 or less.
    All new drivers above 21 limited below group 10 or less

All for the first 2 years!

TBH it would cut the amount of accidents as we wouldnt have prats in fast cars causing crashes!

Before anyone tells me any kind of crap excuse. Doesnt matter how safe you are it sthe other ***** out there. Im almost 21 and i would of abided by this rule quite happily.

Off the soap box.

Comment

plenty of 21+ year olds that drive like knobs as well

I think we get punished enough by insurance
      VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

is it because you were jealous when you were younger that people were driving nicer cars than you???

sorry but i personally think thats a stupid idea, some of us work hard and like to reward ourselves with the cars we have allways wanted, and honestly speaking having that much respect for your car makes you want to look after it, hence why its people that buy crap cars that are most commonly crashing.

you would fit in well with the goverment with ideas like that

Comment

At 21 mate id class you as a young driver would you not?

Comment

agree mate i drive fine and im 20. all people are different you get alot of older 30+ driving like c0*ks in there 3 series and a4's.. every one does it

Comment

i think danny must have had a bad expirience today with some chaved up knob. lol just todays rant

Comment

And to blow a hole in your theory the insurance grouping doesn't solely collerate with speed, it's based on theft, costs to repair and other factors even NCAP ratings as well I believe.

You would be better working off a horse power limit, but that doesn't stop someone driving like a tool unfortunately

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by MattHVXR View Post
                  Did you set the limit at 21 as thats how old you are. lol
                  no lol but at 17 your a child .. so give it till youve matured as a person. every older person on the site will back me up. moeman especially i expect

Originally posted by Mike_S27 View Post
                  plenty of 21+ year olds that drive like knobs as well

I think we get punished enough by insurance
                  correct - but at least we would of tried to teach them

Originally posted by badgerbob View Post
                  is it because you were jealous when you were younger that people were driving nicer cars than you???

sorry but i personally think thats a stupid idea, some of us work hard and like to reward ourselves with the cars we have allways wanted, and honestly speaking having that much respect for your car makes you want to look after it, hence why its people that buy crap cars that are most commonly crashing.

you would fit in well with the goverment with ideas like that
                  not really at 18 i had a brand new car on a brand new registration plate all bought and payed for by myself and my own jobs wages lol .. so no not really.

and what about some 17 year old who buys some proper old banger but its gt a 2.8l v8 in it for example?

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                  At 21 mate id class you as a young driver would you not?
                  indeed mate i would. But at least at 21 your an adult. at 17 your a child. Bikers are limited so why not cars?

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                  agree mate i drive fine and im 20. all people are different you get alot of older 30+ driving like c0*ks in there 3 series and a4's.. every one does it
                  Get em everyday mate but just makes me wonder why nothings ever done. Like ive said before with my job .. its ridiculous really. 90% are kids.

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                    And to blow a hole in your theory the insurance grouping doesn't solely collerate with speed, it's based on theft, costs to repair and other factors even NCAP ratings as well I believe.

You would be better working off a horse power limit, but that doesn't stop someone driving like a tool unfortunately
                    Fair play .. HP then but then you get dicks who mod and dont declare ..

and yes they can still drive like a tool but at least weve taken the horses from the chariot

Comment

Deffenately lots of idiots older than 21 driving ridiciously....makes me mad that insurance for them being over 25 30 will be loads cheaper than mine !!! Crash in 1st 2 years should require a licence review!! I for one got my vxr when I was 20 and have only ever been involved in accidents previously in my last car involving 30+ women!!! Most rushing kids to school!

I would admit the quality of drivers under 20 is appauling! And for once not all just boys to blame had a fair few young girls Driving on my bumper and as for the one that reversed into me twice whilst on the phone and drove off I would love to find as she was absolutely stunning
                      Last edited by G-man; 24 July 2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

im coming up 17, and when i eventually pass my test i can guarantee that i won't be a knob on the road because i don't want to get my self killed at a young age.

Comment

To be honest mate this would not work. My first car was a 1.1 saxo and I drive that like a complete k*ob.
                          I ve grown up a fair bit now but no matter what car your in if you drive like a c*ck your going to do a lot of damage.
                          Sapphire Black Corsa Vxr

Comment

Originally posted by Danny133 View Post
                            no lol but at 17 your a child .. so give it till youve matured as a person. every older person on the site will back me up. moeman especially i expect

correct - but at least we would of tried to teach them

not really at 18 i had a brand new car on a brand new registration plate all bought and payed for by myself and my own jobs wages lol .. so no not really.

and what about some 17 year old who buys some proper old banger but its gt a 2.8l v8 in it for example?

indeed mate i would. But at least at 21 your an adult. at 17 your a child. Bikers are limited so why not cars?

Get em everyday mate but just makes me wonder why nothings ever done. Like ive said before with my job .. its ridiculous really. 90% are kids.
                            I think its because it would be so hard to police and control with the things you could do to get round it, like putting a redtop in a 1.2 corsa and horsing on and insuring it as a 1.2...

they try to stop it by pricing insurance so high for young guys so they cant get insurance, it worked for me i couldnt afford it but young dudes seems to be able to afford a vxr and the insurance at 18-21.

I was 23 before i could afford to insure anything decent! Probibly glad it worked out that way as im still here

Comment

because some kids 17 - 18 spend every penny they have on a car of ther dreams

Comment

Working...
                              X