This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake District

Hopefully we are getting the car back this week. When we do I'm wanting to take it for a big run at weekend, thinking of a drive up to the lake district. Does anyone know of some good routes to take so I can have some highly awaited fun?

Chris.

snake pass is a gud road but busy during the day, best to hit that road early in a morning or late at night...
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Im from the lakes, and my fav road is Hardknott Pass! Get to drive passed two lakes when on the road and at the top of the pass is the slate mine, so something to do aswell at the top. I have loads of pictures of the car along this road it brill

Comment

made a slight mistake with which road i was on about then, but it honister pass i was meant to say with the slate mine. But Hardknott Pass is also a nice road!

Comment

Thanks very much we are thinkin of gettin a few of us to go for a drive on 1st aug if you'd like to join us, u can be the tour guide haha.

Toni

Comment

Originally posted by Terri89-VXR View Post
            Im from the lakes, and my fav road is Hardknott Pass! Get to drive passed two lakes when on the road and at the top of the pass is the slate mine, so something to do aswell at the top. I have loads of pictures of the car along this road it brill

get some pics hun, will have to have a drive up an have a look at what road you mean... lol. need to find a good testing road.
            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Heres some pics of the road that is Honister pass, and pic with car in was from a while ago as there has been a few changes to car
              But google both road as there will be better pics and maps etc, and the two lakes that you will pass are crummock and Buttermere.

Comment

That looks immense!! Would you like to join us??

Toni x

Comment

Honister pass is a good road as the pictures tell

A bit narrow at times , you have to concentrate on the twisty road so you need to stop to appreciate the views.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, i may come along depending on when your here. I have lots of stuff going on at the moment, as i have alittle one on the way, im busy decorating the nursery and picking different things up and all the rest getting things sorted. But if i can find the time then it would be good

Comment

Those pics are epic Terri!
                      Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                      Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Beat me to it!!
                        Arden Astra VXR
                        Black e92 320d
                        Silver e92 335d
                        Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
                        Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

wow i wish i lived there !! all i see is the bloody m25!! have fun try not to crash xx

Comment

well there been scary and bad things happen in the past few months for us up here from floods in my town and shootings in whitehaven, but really apart from all that its stunning round here!
                            Kirkstone pass is also a nice road

Comment

Do they come up on sat navs?
                              Arden Astra VXR
                              Black e92 320d
                              Silver e92 335d
                              Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
                              Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

Working...
                              X