This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virgin media

who all has got vm+ box and is it worth it..im thinking off upgrading to this and sky sports package due to n3 platform lol but bit pricey tbh
    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

my parents have got it and they are getting rid at the end of this month

there phone line is crap, there internet connection is crap and the V+ box has to be rebooted every day and it is as slow as you can get.......

they are transferring back to sky+ which is saving them money anyway, we got a good deal on sky so they took it aswell

only thing i like on V+ is the on demand which is a bonus but not worth how slow it is

Comment

Defo SKY jigger I got slapped wae the n3 encryption too after 5 glorious years

Comment

give me a PM if you want anything mate - i work for them and might be able to sort you something out

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNIGHT View Post
          Defo SKY jigger I got slapped wae the n3 encryption too after 5 glorious years
          tell me about it lol had 10 i think

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

Originally posted by jigger View Post
            tell me about it lol had 10 i think
            Yip I always kept mine and family ones going strong after all that studying and they go and **** it all up nevermind where there's sorry happiness is just coming round the corner

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNIGHT View Post
              Yip I always kept mine and family ones going strong after all that studying and they go and **** it all up nevermind where there's sorry happiness is just coming round the corner
              sky are in the process of the new card system aswell mate, just a heads up

Comment

Originally posted by corsa9017 View Post
                sky are in the process of the new card system aswell mate, just a heads up
                Cheers

Comment

apparently there able to see who has "chipped/flashed" boxes with there new system aswell and are fining people for it with max fine of £5000

so be VERY careful, thats all i'd say!

Comment

Originally posted by corsa9017 View Post
                    apparently there able to see who has "chipped/flashed" boxes with there new system aswell and are fining people for it with max fine of £5000

so be VERY careful, thats all i'd say!
                    i aint been using for a while now m8 just let it die out tbh

Comment

so what are people paying for sky package so i can compare what corsa9017 can get me

Comment

My Virgin Internet is fine. I'm on 10mb which is usually constant. As for box resets We have the std box so no HD or recording and we used to reset it a few times a week. Because we go so fed up with it we just turn everything off before we go to bed and turn it all back on in the morning. Takes 30 secs to reboot and doesn't have to be reset again that day. Problem solved.

Comment

i have 20 meg and xl tv and had no probs was just wondering about the v box and if its worth upgrading to

Comment

I wouldn't mind knowing this too. My old man does want to see what all this fuss over HD is lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jigger View Post
                              i have 20 meg and xl tv and had no probs was just wondering about the v box and if its worth upgrading to
                              i'll be completely honest with you, i have had services with virginmedia since its was NTL (9 years) and have worked for them for 6 years now, i have the exact same equiptment that is supplied to every customer and not had an issue

V+ box is a great bit of kit if your after the HD content and also the recording facility although it does have its downside (can be slow, delay in change of channels) but apart from that i have had NO issues what so ever with it in the 4 years that i have had it *touch wood*

there is also a second option if your not after the recording facility which is the VHD box, slightly smaller box and very easy to use, upscales all channels as much as possible without going to a HD level on a standard channel base and allows the HD on selected channels

All HD content we supply is available on XL tv apart from the premium HD package that was released last week (sky sports 1+2 HD and all the movies channels in HD aswell*)

*= subject to subscription to sky movies and sky sports premium channel package

hope that gives you an idea of the boxes - as i say, 4 years with my V+ box and not 1 issue with it in that time scale

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X