This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance

I'll be off of the road for a few months so I need insurance to cover the car while it is garaged.

I understand that I'll need a laid up policy. However, the companies ive called only offer such policies to Classic cars.

Anyone know of an insurance company that will be able to help?

Thanks
    Dair

Dan, have you called your existing company to see if they will offer this cover on your existing policy?

I was insured with DirectLine and I went away for 3 months and they put a hold on my policy so the car remained insured if stolen but not insured for use on a public highway. IIRC I paid something like 20% of the equivelent premium during this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
      Dan, have you called your existing company to see if they will offer this cover on your existing policy?

I was insured with DirectLine and I went away for 3 months and they put a hold on my policy so the car remained insured if stolen but not insured for use on a public highway. IIRC I paid something like 20% of the equivelent premium during this time.
      Yeah, I did have a word with them. They said something about being able to put it on "Hold". However, and dont quote me on this... Im pretty sure they said that the car wouldnt be covered whilst in the garage.

Ill be off of the road for a about 6 months (will be working away) or so. So I dont see much point in getting full on insurance for a car that wont be driven lol.

Comment

Working...
      X