X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random police question

First I haven't done anything! Lol

Just a random question! Can a police car still give you a ticket if he has a headlight out?!

The reason I ask is earlier a car was behind me with a headlight out, didn't think nothing of it! Doing the speed limit bla bla! Then when I turned off I noticed it was a marked police car then my random question came to mind! Lol
    sigpic

I had 1 pull me over n he had a light out I questioned it n he let me off but that might just be coz I'm a woman lol

Comment

from what i have been told, a police car must be in a road worthy state to be able to take any action against you.

headlight being out can be classed as not road worthy (they pull you up for it and say that the car isnt road worthy) so i would say no they cant but i would be interested to hear if they can or not from somebody who is in the force themselves as i have always been unsure myself

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

I would have said that they can issue you with a ticket but that wouldn't stop you reporting him for the affence as well
        not saying it would get you off mind lol
        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

they should have the head light bulb replaced
          also some times they go pop when out on shift but an they will get fixed when they go back to depo

every person that drives that car has to go over the car looking for damage ect ect and note it down in the cars Log

now for the ticket you Could get one fixed penalty notice £30??
          all down to how the driver is attitude test
          the truth is out there
          part GSI part VXR
          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

yeah ave had this conversation with ma mates a few times, all the cop cars round ma way seem 2hav lights out!
            Originally posted by VXR Staff
            Billy junior is the future...

Right off to see if the scythe is needed or not

Comment

you should have gone back and tried pulling him over mate lol

Comment

Lol mixed comments! Need a police officer to clear this up! Where's moeman! Lol IMO I think like someone said above that they can still book ya but you can also report them but if they don't care then you will get a ticket anyway!

However like some else said it has to be in a road worthy condition to be on the road in the first place let alone pull you over! Lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sootie600 View Post
                  you should have gone back and tried pulling him over mate lol
                  lol that would be funny but I really can't see that working! Lol
                  sigpic

Comment

just like the same excuse am sure alot of people on here hav used if pulled over for a light out, "oh, my light is out?? must've just happened, was fine earlier!" lol
                    Originally posted by VXR Staff
                    Billy junior is the future...

Right off to see if the scythe is needed or not

Comment

I Remember when i had my old corsa c, a police car stopped me (not traffics) because my headlight was out and said i had to get it sorted ASAP. They were wuite polite saying they were just making me aware because the traffics were liable to stop me.
                      But the best of it..... THEY HAD A HEADLIGHT OUT AS WELL!!!!!!!
                      I did mention it and they said it will "get sorted that night" lol
                      Last edited by d4nny_; 27 July 2010, 08:42 AM.

Comment

The chances of getting a ticket for a light out is highly unlikely, unless you talk yourself into one if stopped or you have previously been warned, most cases it will be a quick word or a vehicle defect form which allows you x days to get it fixed.

Bulbs go all the time, in the early 90's as a local traffic Sarge my vehicle carried a stock of bulbs to fix our vehicles at the roadside, but now many bulbs cant be changed easily so at times police vehicles will have a defect, what would you prefer a vehicle on patrol with a light out or a vehicle sat at the nick until a mechanic can fix it?

And no a defect on a police vehicle does not mean the officers lose their powers.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                          The chances of getting a ticket for a light out is highly unlikely, unless you talk yourself into one if stopped or you have previously been warned, most cases it will be a quick word or a vehicle defect form which allows you x days to get it fixed.

Bulbs go all the time, in the early 90's as a local traffic Sarge my vehicle carried a stock of bulbs to fix our vehicles at the roadside, but now many bulbs cant be changed easily so at times police vehicles will have a defect, what would you prefer a vehicle on patrol with a light out or a vehicle sat at the nick until a mechanic can fix it?

And no a defect on a police vehicle does not mean the officers lose their powers.
                          thanks for clearing that up mate, mind at rest now

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Let them fine you, then fine them right back.

on a serious note was good to know the actual answer from moe.
                            Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Thanks for clearing it up moeman!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X