This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules of the road ?

Concerning motorway driving and the rules / law ?

Apart from lane one the other lanes are 'overtaking lanes' therefore after overtaking you are supposed to return to the inside lane, but we dont

Even on a quiet day when lane one is almost empty, drivers remain in the centre lane, and refuse to return to the inside lane, even though there is room to do so.

Some other drivers dont like this, so undertake, and face the possibility of prosecution, but surely the law states that you should return to the inside lane after overtaking, and if there is room for someone to undertake you then there is room for you to return to the inner lane

Why therefor do undertakers get prosecuted for undertaking, but the centre lane 'hoggers' get away scot free, when the highway code states you are supposed to return to the inner lane after completing your overtake ?

Same goes for motorway 'joining lanes', they are supposed to give way, and join the motorway at the speed of the motorway traffic, but they dont, and expect you to move out of the way and change lanes or slow down to allow them access to the lanes, what has happened to the rules of the road (highway code) or is it just me ?
    sigpic

i kno what you mean i hate it when you see some1 on a clear motorway in the middle lane doing 70MPH i just sit behind them with flashes on untill they move, thats how it goes on the autobhans if some1 goin slower than you. lol
    INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

I used to do alot of motorway driving and it used to wind me up lol.

I have seen police cars flash people in the middle lane to get over!

Comment

All I can say is that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Undertaking or flashing people till they move over (when lane 3 is still clear and there's no reason not to use it) is pointless. All you'll do is antagonise the other driver (who will carry on doing exactly the same thing once you've passed) and he'll just think you're a right muppet.
        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Gnasher you from Sheffield?

Comment

Whats wrong with middle lane hogging when theres 3 lanes? Use the third lane or next time ill drive slower.
            Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

If your doing 70mph you can sit in what ever lane you like, if the guy is in the overtaking lane doing 65 and you undertake him at 70 that is legal if hes doing 70mph and you undertake at 80 your speeding? and thats illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotchy1 View Post
                Whats wrong with middle lane hogging when theres 3 lanes? Use the third lane or next time ill drive slower.
                And that concludes my argument, a real motorway driver
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adz-ng5 View Post
                  If your doing 70mph you can sit in what ever lane you like, if the guy is in the overtaking lane doing 65 and you undertake him at 70 that is legal if hes doing 70mph and you undertake at 80 your speeding? and thats illegal?
                  You really know the laws of considerate motorway driving
                  sigpic

Comment

ok so there are 3 free lanes, some ssay its ok to sit in the middle? what if a lorry wishes to overtake you? he cannot use the outside lane, your causing an obstruction in the centre and if he undertakes hes the worst in the world

use the roads as they were intended! it dosnt cost extra to use three

sigpic

Comment

Do not even start me on this please

75% of people in this country are so stuck up they couldnt care less about sitting not only in the middle lane but lane 3 of 4 on the A2, many a time i could have go into lane 1 or 2 and over taken. Police should do more, slow drivers cause more accidents then fast drivers

Comment

i dont see why people get so worked up about this.. there is another lane to overtake so why on earth would you possibly undertake? Good old muggings who undertakes deserves all the punishment he gets simples
                        sigpic

Comment

On the M25 its even worse because its 4 lanes and the sit in Lane 3!!

You can have fun with them though.... Its been about on the forums for quite some time, it's called "orbitting"

What you do is over take them, then pull across back to lane 1 (descretely), then allow them to pass, then pull out and over take them again....and repeat..... See how many "orbits" you can get before they notice....

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                            Do not even start me on this please

75% of people in this country are so stuck up they couldnt care less about sitting not only in the middle lane but lane 3 of 4 on the A2, many a time i could have go into lane 1 or 2 and over taken. Police should do more, slow drivers cause more accidents then fast drivers
                            funniest thing i have ever read on here.. how on earth could a slow driver cause more accidents than fast drivers...
                            sigpic

Comment

i find cutting people up works best when they are doing 60 in lane 3 and i cut across to lane 1

Comment

Working...
                              X