X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq

irrevelient of the reasons why we went but

ive been watching general sir richard dannat and general sir mike jackson at the inquirary today. their opinions are suggesting that the millitary were close to breaking 2005-2007 and the millitary covenant was way out of balance.

it would be very silly of me to have an oppinion on this however whats the publics opinion? whos to blaime? and who is in place to stand up for the forces when too much is being asked off them

sigpic

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
    irrevelient of the reasons why we went but

ive been watching general sir richard dannat and general sir mike jackson at the inquirary today. their opinions are suggesting that the millitary were close to breaking 2005-2007 and the millitary covenant was way out of balance.

it would be very silly of me to have an oppinion on this however whats the publics opinion? whos to blaime? and who is in place to stand up for the forces when too much is being asked off them
    who is to blame for the armed forces being understaffed and under equipped or..
    why we went to "war" used in the loosest term possible.

and the attitudes towards soldiers here in the uk and that in the us ... here the public see the armed forces as places to throw the.. under educated (we will use that term i can think of a few more but...)

where as in america serving your country is up there with the likes of doctors and nurses lol...
    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

It's a very difficult one Gary,

We all know the British forces are stretched at the best of times, let alone fighting 2 wars at the same time, and keeping Britain safe all in 1 go,
      I have my views on why you brave men and women were in Iraq but I don't want to get into that, I personally think it was wrong for the real reasons,

That said it doesn't take away from the fact that Iraq was ran by a tyrant, he needed to be stopped.

I blame the Americans as a whole tbh, I know we have to be seen to be doing something positive due to the relationship between America and Britain, I think the army need a massive recruitment drive, with better benefits for squadies, that way they may get more in the door, also if they stop knocking back people with asthma etc getting in they will have higher numbers, I was gutted when I couldn't get into the Scots guards
      sigpic

Comment

National service should be reinstated I think
        sigpic

Comment

if am honest mate, everybody in the army our there in iraq afgan etc, my mates are out there, and your just a number tbh

ppl get killed and then forgotten, kids my age are being killed for what?? and i'm on the same wages as them

Comment

well according to todays statements the americans offered us a dedicated role in iraq that would have prevented us from comitting larger troop numbers to afghanistan. General Jackson was in favour of this however the decision was made not to comitte

soon after General Dannatt was informed of a massive influx of troop numbers to afghan. i believe his exact words were " my thought was where did that come from"

this then extendid us to two major deployments in two seperate parts of the world fighting two very different battles!

we are still very comitted yet recruiting has virtually stopped as the army is fully manned and they are now talking about dropping the armed forces manning levels by 30,000

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
              if am honest mate, everybody in the army our there in iraq afgan etc, my mates are out there, and your just a number tbh

ppl get killed and then forgotten, kids my age are being killed for what?? and i'm on the same wages as them
              yep my old mans out in kandahar working as a project manager. and says he sees the british and american troops when he sits down at dinner and sees few of them there one day and gone the next.

he thinks its harsh how hes getting just over 12k a month to be out there tax free.. and these soldiers aren't on much more than that a year to give there lives.

and as a lot of the higher ranking guys hes got pally with, they say this is just our Vietnam ..
              Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

i dont think we had to go in, it was all because bush wanted to finish what his dad didnt and i think he wanted the oil too, not for wmd reasons. but hey ho, its all water under the bridge now, shame blair had his head up bush's bottom
                VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I was in Iraq twice and just done my second tour of afghan and I know there are political views but I have seen the difference we have made in both countries !! For the better I may add
                  sigpic

Astra vxr complete

Full TMS rebuild Owens HTA k04

Comment

Originally posted by burge View Post
                    I was in Iraq twice and just done my second tour of afghan and I know there are political views but I have seen the difference we have made in both countries !! For the better I may add
                    our work is not to question! the support we recieved and the way the generals advice was taken is

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                      National service should be reinstated I think
                      NOW RUNNING RED GOLF GT TDI 18" fox black gloss alloys and piper cross panel filter

Comment

Yeah true mate fully understand you on that one it's nice to see all the support we've been getting tho !!
                        sigpic

Astra vxr complete

Full TMS rebuild Owens HTA k04

Comment

public support is overwhelming! ive been at a few events recently that involved the public and theyve been amazing

sigpic

Comment

Well what i think to blame was 9/11, so the americans went over and started a war, and then thought of **** we are getting out numbered to we shall call for the british to come and saves our Asses basically. well thats my opinion of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by burge View Post
                              but we will never change afghan.. we kill one talib, they recruit 10 more.. Its a total waste of life.... they are becoming more advanced also recruiting alot more sniper personel...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X