This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why meriva vxrs are different from other vxrs

found the thread that i spoke about before that says the meriva is made different from other vxrs

any one intrested please have a read threw

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...xr-526264.html
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Media vxr is aimed at young families with parents who feel cheated by circumstance

I laughed at this quote,
    It's a cracking write up
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
      Media vxr is aimed at young families with parents who feel cheated by circumstance

I laughed at this quote,
      It's a cracking write up

its describes me lol.. wanted a astra but missis put foot down wanted 5 doors and big boot ... i wanted performance ..

compramised on meriva or zafira,,, after considering all options chose the meriva nothing against zaf as sometimes i wish i had a zaf but to be fair i love the meriva

perfect for a 22 year old lad "myself" with a family 1 child and another on the way

Comment

It does not say they are built any different though, all the VXRs and OPCs come from the same production lines which are throughout the EU.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post

I laughed at this quote,
          It's a cracking write up
          LOL! That does pretty much sum it up, they would suit me to be honest but I fancied the Astra and told the mrs to jog on...

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
            It does not say they are built any different though, all the VXRs and OPCs come from the same production lines which are throughout the EU.
            Unlike the others, however, this one has been engineered in Germany by the Opel Performance Centre (OPC). Indeed, in Opel-branded markets (all of Europe, apart from the UK), this is an Opel Meriva OPC.

surely that must mean something is different as it states unlike the others?

Comment

All the VXR range are available across the EU branded as Opel OPC's. The Corsa's are all built in Germany and Spain iirc.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                Unlike the others, however, this one has been engineered in Germany by the Opel Performance Centre (OPC). Indeed, in Opel-branded markets (all of Europe, apart from the UK), this is an Opel Meriva OPC.

surely that must mean something is different as it states unlike the others?
                It's journalism - all the VXR/OPC have been engineered in Germany then they are built elsewhere and we have been lucky in the UK to have some input such as Gavan Kerhsaw from Lotus did the non-ids setup of the Astra compared to IDS being standard on the continental OPC's

Astra

Comment

is there a plan to have a vxr of the new meriva?
                  VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                  http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
                    No VXR version of the new one apparently

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                      think with how un populal the merv vxr was they wouldnt risk it you have to remember they only sold 262 of them over 4/5 years ,,, and that wasnt threw limmited cars it was because no 1 wanted one...

im not slagging them off i own one and luv it

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
                        Isn't it that what they are talking about ??
                        I wouldn't have thought they would be reviewing an old car which is at the end of it's production life mate.
                        Or was it a very old review ??
                        Last edited by Bronze; 29 July 2010, 02:46 PM.
                        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
                          Isn't it that what they are talking about ??
                          I wouldn't have thought they would be reviewing an old car which is at the end of it's production life mate.
                          yes its old car mate was a old review i was curious about

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                            Nor VXR version for the bus neither, .
                            Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Working...
                            X