This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any DJ's in the building??

Hi all as many of you know I'm moving into my new house soon and about a year or so ago I was big time into djing I had a really cool set up but didn't find much time for using it as It was all in my shed at bottom of garden. Just wondering if you think it would be practical creating a lil room on back garden for some dj equipment?

Also anyone know what the latest and greatest equipment ther is for sale with in A reasonable price

Cheers rybo

I would defo mate if you get your own place.
    my mate has some stuff at his house that im buying off him in a few weeks for when i move out too. dont know anything about the equipment as im a newbie but he's going to show me the way.
    just my two cents, do it if you have your own gaff

Comment

I had vynil decks and cd look these up -> there amazing numark ttx1's... Pioneer cdj1000 mk3's <- they were the bees knees of cd decks also Had a touch screen kaoss pad 2.

Stick at it mate and anything you need to know let me know also get a good mixer mate

Comment

Thinkinabout it might just get my old set up back

Comment

No but I've got a numark mixer and duel cd players in a flight case for sale if anyones interested

Comment

Yeah i was round my mates the other night after being out on the town and he started up mixing for about 3 hours till the early morning, showed me a few things, guna take me a while to get the hang of it!

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaVXR_Jay View Post
              No but I've got a numark mixer and duel cd players in a flight case for sale if anyones interested
              PM me a price please mate

Comment

http://vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1389146

I'll give the flight case a hoover and put up a couple of pics too

Comment

i used to dj a few years back, worked in a club/bar called IzI's in Whitney. I played house and funky house.

I can recomend the cdj 800's, a little cheaper than the 1000's but nearly as good, have all the instant loops funtions that are soo good on the 1000's. As for a mixer, i had the djm600 which was pritty good and had some ok effects built in, but i always wanted the 800 as that has the really good effect filters which sound superb as well as better effects which sound superb over house and trance.

to be fair you cant go wrong with any of the pioneer stuff

Really should get back into it but round wycome way its all r&b
                  VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                  http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

me on the decks happy days, shame i had to jack it in when i moved to wycombe

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Lol I know I jacked because of my missus lol I know.... I'm deffo getting back into it 4 years djing and got a great set up to just stop... I had some sleepless nights lol. Rob have you ever used ttx1,s numark vynil decks ther amazing you can speed vocals up with out the pitch sounding like chipmunks lol set the tone and sounds great

Comment

Also alot of people went crazy about the technics 1210's and I thoughtthey wer rubbish the platter was flimsey and the slightest touch of the vynil stopped the deck lol must have been a bad pair

Comment

my mate was quite good on the decks and i was bang into my music but had a few trys and couldnt get the hang of it but would love to get into it
                          sigpic
                          ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                            Also alot of people went crazy about the technics 1210's and I thoughtthey wer rubbish the platter was flimsey and the slightest touch of the vynil stopped the deck lol must have been a bad pair
                            1210's are great. What mk 1210's did u have?

As for stopping the deck ur slipmat must if been made of glue! Lol

I thought the pickup was very good

Comment

1210's are the best deck in the world, they are direct drive so it should be very hard indeed to stop the platter, thats the whole point of direct drive, the slip matt helps you to cue the record. I had mk 5's with the dip less pitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X