This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus RS

test drove one this evening.. gotta say wasnt too impressed seeing as theres so much hype about it. nice looking car and felt very comfortable (suspension) and sounded very nice! but i felt it wasnt as lively and fun as the vxr, didnt really get to put my foot down much as it was busy time of day.. anyone else test drove one and had similar thoughts?

Originally posted by SamDuncanVXR11 View Post
    test drove one this evening.. gotta say wasnt too impressed seeing as theres so much hype about it. nice looking car and felt very comfortable (suspension) and sounded very nice! but i felt it wasnt as lively and fun as the vxr, didnt really get to put my foot down much as it was busy time of day.. anyone else test drove one and had similar thoughts?
    I agree! Out the box not very impressive eh?
    However, with the right mods they rock

Comment

Seems like you've noted most things i'd look for in a car.

Nice looks
      Very comfortable
      And sounded very nice

I think they're good and lively tbh each to their own, take another one out mate
      Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
        Seems like you've noted most things i'd look for in a car.

Nice looks
        Very comfortable
        And sounded very nice

I think they're good and lively tbh each to their own, take another one out mate
        probably need remapping to get the best out of them. like the insignia vxr for example. it ain't about peak figures, its the mid range. Insignia vxr for example, remap only ups peak power by 15-20bhp, but ups bhp in the mid range by 100bhp!!! Thats where it counts in the real world.
        W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

ive also been out in one and would def say it was anywhere near as lively, felt very calm and collected but great looking car etc..

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

I agree, the one I test drove only had 150 miles on the clock so was still tight. You can tell it's a quick car but the power delivery is very different. Its very composed which suprised me as looking at it you would think it was savage.. I am still undecided to be honest. I do like them but I think for £25k+ there are other cars I would rather have.

Comment

they are good cars you just cant compare it to the vxr totaly different, 2 mates have them and it all about personal prefrence its very true there power kicks in mid range but once it mapped there aint no catching them

Comment

A few of us where lucky enough to be at the Ring in May when Dale Lomas was testing some new cam equipment on a Modified 400bhp Ford Focus RS prepared by Jamsport! We know the owner well now and have watched its development grow over the last trips to the Ring.. Dale is resident at RSR and knows his way round the Loop and holds a very impressive lap time in both car & bike
                Check his remarks out on this lap http://www.vimeo.com/12055625

Comment

Tbh mate you have described a really great car but cmon on a test drive you can't Mark a car down for not being able to boot it?

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                    Tbh mate you have described a really great car but cmon on a test drive you can't Mark a car down for not being able to boot it?
                    I think the vid describes and shows its proper potential.. I luv them lots

Comment

It's like taking leona Lewis out for tea and expecting her to sing for you whilst you eat with her. It ain't going to happen eventhough she's got a great voice lol

Comment

It's like taking leona Lewis out for tea and expecting her to sing for you whilst you eat with her. It ain't going to happen eventhough she's got a great voice lol
                        lol

Comment

i can and did

no point in taking a high performance car on a test drive and not booting it! you may aswell take out the 1.6

most people know my dislike of ford cars so i went with an attitude of 'so what', came away unimpressed to be honest,
                          no offence to anyone who has one but my opinions on the RS are best aired on a 'look at me' type forum
                          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Sorry, have to disagree on some of the comments. I have owned/driven several VXRs and new RSs and the RS is a far superior machine. Much more fun to drive, much more planted, better traction, very little torque steer and after a few thousand miles the engine really loosens up and feels a lot perkier. I loved my VXRs but the RS is a better car in my opinion. Let's hope the new Astra is a big improvement so it can challenge the RS/Megane etc. Just my opinion as an owner.

Comment

Cant see this one ending amicably.

http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/index

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/

Im sure the guys above would love to have conversations about the RS this forum is flooded with thread's about them tbh and it does get a bit boring.

Just my opinion
                              sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X