This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• txting while driving!!

since when did coppers start giving u 3 points just for using ur fone while driving?? i knew u get a fine but thats all!

a friend of mine got 3 points for holding her phone using the sat nav on it in North Wales..... its a joke, you can use a normal sat nav or you can smoke but you cant do other things lol....... not saying texting is acceptable cos its not but the rules are stupid

Comment

in 2007 i think points plus a fine, not a good one for insurance purposes im afraid

Comment

Originally posted by xxlouise23xx View Post
        since when did coppers start giving u 3 points just for using ur fone while driving?? i knew u get a fine but thats all!

Fine for using mobile whilst driving is £60 and 3 penalty points on your licence.My wife says it's the most common conviction she sees on insurance applications.

Comment

Originally posted by jada07515 View Post
          in 2007 i think points plus a fine, not a good one for insurance purposes im afraid
          its crazy ur not really doing anything wrong as like as u dont crash! there so harsh nowadays

Comment

Simple way to not lose your money... Or get points on your license...

DON'T USE YOUR PHONE!!!! I know everyone uses there phone sometimes when they're driving, but some people are just incapable... Like the silly woman that drove in to me!

Comment

you cant even use a phone while pulled up allot of people get caught out with that because the are still in charge of a motor vehicle so if you have to mke a call i normally pull up and get out just to be safe. I see why tho I saw a police program where a lorry driver was flicking through names in his work phone attached to the dash he look up and went into back of a few cars stationary on the motorway and killed a young girl its far too dangerous, I totally agree with this

Comment

its crazy ur not really doing anything wrong as like as u dont crash! there so harsh nowadays

You could also be done for driving without due care and attention.Bigger fine,and more points.

Comment

in 2007 sometime i think it was as i remember id only been back in the country from deployment for 3 hours,when i got 3 points an 60 quid fine for using my fone, the law had changed when i was in iraq.
                  my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

or hit someone..... txting driving deserves a ban imo

Comment

I am beginning to think you may have another ID on here.

I cant believe this is a serious post.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Stupid isn't it, although I don't agree with one thing... How public do get fined and points for using there phone (I agree, it should be done) BUT, the police are ok to use there radios while driving? Surely this is the same thing, apart from numbers don't need to be dialled and obviously not including texting... Correct me if I'm wrong?

Comment

i think people with horses who foul the road should be subject to the same laws as dogs and their owners, nothing worse than poo on your compomotives

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                            I am beginning to think you may have another ID on here.

I cant believe this is a serious post.

was thinking them same perhaps you will have learnt your lession now

Comment

texting when driving is a big no no from me! as you need to look at the phone to write the mesg...which means not looking at the road...

on your phone talking is not as bad as you eyes are still on the road ! just my 2p worth !
                              ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Working...
                              X