This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR no thanks Engine bench dyno rather! Plus track pic and some SLS pictures

Firstly, a quick picture of the Engine bench figures of a certain 6.3l bi-turbo engine. This is the way to get true figures not the RR rubbish!

Danny I guess I was a bit wrong in the figures I mentioned to you the other day. These are the actual figures that they gave me this weekend!

So 537Kw (720BHP) and 972 lb-ft (1320NM).

Next up I attended a track day on a Kart track. Scary does not even cover it really. It was tight and basically the run off was well tyres and metal fencing! Made even worse by the fact that I collected a tyre that had been rocketed in my direction by the C63 in front of me going off track and into the tyres. Luckily the new brakes stop on a dime and I got away with just bad scuffs on the front bumper. No disintegrated bumper, but with the bang I thought oh boy this is going to be expensive. P***d off is an understatement

Sorry only the one picture taken (courtesy of my brother), but the scuffs are visable (just look for the red on the lower bumper). It's all sorted now anyway.

Next up at the same track day they had an SLS . A test driver took some of the attendees around as passengers, but I passed as TBH I was having too much fun tracking my car and well time just ran out. Not that the Test driver was going to take me as he reckoned I had had too much fun driving them during development and he jokingly reckoned I would probably collect another tyre on the way round the track. Nice

Anyways I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

How'd u get to do something like that?
    Looks fun

Comment

You have the best job in the world
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danielhoworth View Post
        How'd u get to do something like that?
        Looks fun
        The white E63 is mine (and the graph are its tuning figures which are electronically limited to this, used in the brochure to be released soon) and the track day was organised by Merc so I was invited.

It was a lot of fun with the exception of the tyre incident.

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
        You have the best job in the world

Had, i stopped my contracting after I finished the last contract ion March, to travel more and spend more time with family but the track day was unrelated to my old role more an AMG ownership perk.
        Last edited by BasilD; 2 August 2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

were you at cadwell park on sunday?
          sigpic
          Originally posted by soosie
          Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
          Originally posted by soosie
          Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
            were you at cadwell park on sunday?
            No, sorry not me. I was in Frankfurt.

Comment

Working...
            X