Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance renewal time

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insurance renewal time

    Just had my renewal through for the astra and it isnt pretty!!!

    Has everyone elses insurance gone up this year or is it just me?

    Ive got 8 years no claims, had my licence 10 years and have no convictions so im struggling to understand why my premium has gone up £300.

    Ive just sat and gone through loads of online quotes and im struggling to get below £650 where as i paid under £500 last year!!

    Anybody else sharing my pain right now??
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by big_dawg View Post
    Just had my renewal through for the astra and it isnt pretty!!!

    Has everyone elses insurance gone up this year or is it just me?

    Ive got 8 years no claims, had my licence 10 years and have no convictions so im struggling to understand why my premium has gone up £300.

    Ive just sat and gone through loads of online quotes and im struggling to get below £650 where as i paid under £500 last year!!

    Anybody else sharing my pain right now??
    My renewal was shocking too mate, But I shopped around and managed to save about £500. Have you tried Sky Insurance, Greenlight or Chris Knott?

    Comment


    • #3
      no, the same company i used last year (admiral) knocked £200 off when they sent my renewal, they still beat everyone

      Corsa VXR now sold

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
        no, the same company i used last year (admiral) knocked £200 off when they sent my renewal, they still beat everyone
        Least they did something decent for someone, Admiral loaded my renewal premium by over £300 and then when I called them they said they could knock off £50

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lawro View Post
          My renewal was shocking too mate, But I shopped around and managed to save about £500. Have you tried Sky Insurance, Greenlight or Chris Knott?
          Cheers ill give them a try, but not until tomorrow as ive had enough for tonight lol!!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes they have all gone up mate.

            Last year i paid £550 and this year i paid £650

            Been driving 10 years, 8 yncb, good post code, no convictions or accidents. Then again i have got some poundage in mods on the car so cant complain too much

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh, try A-Plan insurance, they were the best for me. The next best to them was Greenlight

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jay View Post
                Oh, try A-Plan insurance, they were the best for me
                they were for me too.
                ....................................sigpic.................................

                ..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

                Comment


                • #9
                  add a named driver or 3

                  mine went from 550 to 680 , then i added a named driver which took it back down to 550

                  that was with esure

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My renewal with the missus aswell was 3k+

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Try A.M.H. insurance
                      he is a broker but i am with royal sun alliance through him, got mine for £479.00 £250.00 access with 3 points speeding and wifeys got a claim out on her when someone ran into the back of her. Guys name is Steve and he always beats all the rival quotes.might be worth a go

                      01543 370304

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by big_dawg View Post
                        Has everyone elses insurance gone up this year or is it just me?

                        Anybody else sharing my pain right now??
                        Yes
                        Yes!

                        Originally posted by Jay View Post
                        Oh, try A-Plan insurance, they were the best for me. The next best to them was Greenlight
                        Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
                        they were for me too.
                        Used A Plan last year (thanks Jay) and was £839 which for all the mods, occupation and 9 pts was okay. Now they want £979 and I've 3 less pts (over five years old) and only added a rear ARB and LSD in meantime.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My renewal is due in December, but last year I had insurance for 500 quid and the same company sent my renewal thru last December stating they can't insure me, and gave me a quote from another insurer which was over 1500 quid?? I didn't understand why this was, 5 years no claims, no convictions etc, I was stumped to say the least
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X