This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance renewal time

Just had my renewal through for the astra and it isnt pretty!!!

Has everyone elses insurance gone up this year or is it just me?

Ive got 8 years no claims, had my licence 10 years and have no convictions so im struggling to understand why my premium has gone up £300.

Ive just sat and gone through loads of online quotes and im struggling to get below £650 where as i paid under £500 last year!!

Anybody else sharing my pain right now??
    sigpic

Originally posted by big_dawg View Post
    Just had my renewal through for the astra and it isnt pretty!!!

Ive got 8 years no claims, had my licence 10 years and have no convictions so im struggling to understand why my premium has gone up £300.

Ive just sat and gone through loads of online quotes and im struggling to get below £650 where as i paid under £500 last year!!

My renewal was shocking too mate, But I shopped around and managed to save about £500. Have you tried Sky Insurance, Greenlight or Chris Knott?

Comment

no, the same company i used last year (admiral) knocked £200 off when they sent my renewal, they still beat everyone

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
        no, the same company i used last year (admiral) knocked £200 off when they sent my renewal, they still beat everyone
        Least they did something decent for someone, Admiral loaded my renewal premium by over £300 and then when I called them they said they could knock off £50

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
          My renewal was shocking too mate, But I shopped around and managed to save about £500. Have you tried Sky Insurance, Greenlight or Chris Knott?
          Cheers ill give them a try, but not until tomorrow as ive had enough for tonight lol!!
          sigpic

Comment

Yes they have all gone up mate.

Last year i paid £550 and this year i paid £650

Been driving 10 years, 8 yncb, good post code, no convictions or accidents. Then again i have got some poundage in mods on the car so cant complain too much

Comment

Oh, try A-Plan insurance, they were the best for me. The next best to them was Greenlight

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                Oh, try A-Plan insurance, they were the best for me
                they were for me too.
                ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

add a named driver or 3

mine went from 550 to 680 , then i added a named driver which took it back down to 550

that was with esure

Comment

My renewal with the missus aswell was 3k+

Comment

Try A.M.H. insurance
                      he is a broker but i am with royal sun alliance through him, got mine for £479.00 £250.00 access with 3 points speeding and wifeys got a claim out on her when someone ran into the back of her. Guys name is Steve and he always beats all the rival quotes.might be worth a go

01543 370304

Comment

Originally posted by big_dawg View Post

Yes
                        Yes!

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                        Oh, try A-Plan insurance, they were the best for me. The next best to them was Greenlight
                        Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
                        they were for me too.
                        Used A Plan last year (thanks Jay) and was £839 which for all the mods, occupation and 9 pts was okay. Now they want £979 and I've 3 less pts (over five years old) and only added a rear ARB and LSD in meantime.

Comment

My renewal is due in December, but last year I had insurance for 500 quid and the same company sent my renewal thru last December stating they can't insure me, and gave me a quote from another insurer which was over 1500 quid?? I didn't understand why this was, 5 years no claims, no convictions etc, I was stumped to say the least
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X