Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manual, Auto or Semi-Auto (Flippy Flappy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual, Auto or Semi-Auto (Flippy Flappy)

Which transmission do you prefer?

I'd have to go with OLD school manual.... I'd take a nice thick gear nob over the other options any day lol

the dsg gear box is awsum and can change gear so quick and smooth
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

True, but you (well me personally) dont feel as involved in the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
        True, but you (well me personally) dont feel as involved in the drive.
        must admit i pref manual...

dsg is better as a fact but like you say cant beat good old manual
        VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Not a fan of semi-auto boxes but the DSG is fantastic, the gear changes are really quick and it recovers very quickly. Its all down to the car tbh, If I was to buy a S3 I would opt for the DSG box personally.

I had one in a Passat 2.0TDI 170 a few years back and I loved it, paper figures were actually quicker than a manual box to 62

Comment

I was dreaming the other day on the porsche site, looking at the cayman s and if i got one id get the paddle box (PDK) Looks smart in the steering wheel too

http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/cay...ndetail/drive/
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Defo mannual all the time. It lets you take part in the drive

Comment

depends as a tip tronic on one car is crap then another... 2 examples ferarri 430 awesome gearbox literally just does as its told.. nissan gtr same thing if u want 2nd it gives you second!

now try an audi not so good, and the old e46 m3 is awful! taking its time to give u the gear you want. having driven these cars id say manual is prob the best all rounder but the tip tronic boxes in some cars are amazing to drive... (except for when you go for the clutch with your left foot and catch the brake!)
                Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

The paddle shift in the new Ferrari f430 scuderia doesn't it change gear in 0.0 seconds???? Il bet that feels smooth lol

Comment

i like the new m3 DCT box. 7 speed double clutch paddle shift. not tried any others flappys.
                    comes with auto mode to good for traffic

Comment

yeh the f430 shifts and does exactly what you want it to do!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c&id=507670944
                      Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Working...
                      X