This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who runs a second car?

I'm considering buying a second car for a run around.
    My VXR is my pride and joy but as of next week i will be doing over 100 mile per day for work.

Do any of you run a second car and how do you find it having to pay:
    2 x Tax
    2 x Insurance
    2 x Maintenance
    etc.. etc...

Also any recomendations?
    someone mention a citroen C2 as they go for ages on one tank,

Subaru Forrester as a 2nd car, mainly for the dogs

no issues with paying 2x tax ect if you want a 2nd car be prepared to pay for it
    Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Daft_Ninja View Post
      I'm considering buying a second car for a run around.
      My VXR is my pride and joy but as of next week i will be doing over 100 mile per day for work.

Do any of you run a second car and how do you find it having to pay:
      2 x Tax
      2 x Insurance
      2 x Maintenance
      etc.. etc...

Also any recomendations?
      someone mention a citroen C2 as they go for ages on one tank,
      Ive got a Astra Vxr and a Corsa C 1.2 Design (For sale as it happens)
      Only really drive the Astra on weekends unless theres anytime after work during the week. The Cost of running two cars is quite expensive! Cost of the insurance is the worst thing about it!
      I suppose it balances out tho, because if i was driving the astra for the kind of driving i do i would be going through fuel and tyres like anything and it would need maintaining more frequent. Suppose it just depends if you can afford to do it without it effecting other things.

Comment

just bought a Megane II estate DCI 130. Need it due to my wife moving up to Brum with her work and me staying dan south. Guess what though, i get to have the Megane all week and she gets the VXR?? lol

she has told me to keep my mits off it but i have already had the windows tinted lol
        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

my new 2nd car...

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=101604

Comment

Veccy C 1.9CDTi XP and Astra H 1.9CDTI XP

Comment

I used to run a bike as a 2nd, 15 miles to work and depending on weather probably about 60 miles back haha

Not so good in the cold/rain/snow though
              Flame Red Astra VXR

Comment

Ford transit
                Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

Ive got a 1.1 106 as a second car. Never really worked out how much extra it costs etc with having twice the amount of tax, insurance etc to pay, but it obviously does help me to keep the miles down on the astra, and also makes me appreciate it more when i get back into it!!

Comment

got a 2002 passat as the 2nd car

im the only user of mine really, ocassional passenger

bought it when my 2nd daughter was born
                    needed the room and i wasnt/couldnt sell the burg

however it does cost you
                    2x everything
                    a lot of people i know get a motorbike for the distance runs to work etc
                    but there are enough dangers with them i wouldnt myself

im in the predicament atm that im comming back to the uk next year and cant justify having 2 cars

would love get an insignia vxr (most probably the sports tourer) but cant bear to think i'd have to let the burg go
                    Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
                    ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

My Astra vxr only really comes out at the weekends if the weather is ok,i drive my transit connect van the rest of the time.Also i have use of my missus astra 1.6 ls estate run around .

Comment

Originally posted by cavalino View Post
                        My Astra vxr only really comes out at the weekends if the weather is ok,i drive my transit connect van the rest of the time.Also i have use of my missus astra 1.6 ls estate run around .
                        same as me vxrs a toy as all week im in my super tranny

Comment

I do 70 miles a day and go through £60 a week of fuel a week (with lift sharing)

I've worked out that running a second car wouldn't save me any money after doing some sums........so gonna just keep using the VXR and enjoy driving it, which is the reason I bought it!
                          12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

own a astra vxr which i drive some time's through the week. but mostly weekends..and have a ford mondeo 2.0 tdci for work ..as i would not dare take my vxr on a building site ...

get a diesel mate cheap on fuel..cheap on tax..cheap on insurance
                            ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

how about this, largish payout but very low running costs and looks pretty good??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MEWAX:VRI
                              Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Working...
                              X