This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chruchill insurance!! Help

hello everybody i have recently purchased my corsa vxr lovin it alot only had it about a month and im really wanting to add a few more mods exhaust, lowered etc. I am with churchill the only people that would insure me for a decent price and because im not 25 till feb. I was wondering if anyone on here is with them and have done mods to there cars and declared them and if they have charged alot for these mods to be declared dont really want to wait a year till i can change insurer to do mods. hope someone can help

Corsa VxR 07 Plate = Stage 3 Beast

Have your ang and spoken to them?

Comment

not as of yet i know is should do but thought would post on here first see if there is anyone who has any past expieriences because i have read over the website etc and they apparenetly dont like modifications to cars

Comment

if i was you id ring them and ask some well put together questions. I say this as with the greatest of respect they are either at times a little thick/uneducated in terms of modifications or the call centres are in canada and again they dont understand so just say no.

Something to consider also is who are you modding with as i knew a lad who worked for them and he was in to his cars said it may be different if they are ''vauxhall modifications'' bit like adding bits from dealers. I.E - Thorney stuff

So a vauxhall approved exhaust fitted by vauxhall retaining warranty along with springs etc mat be a different conversation.

Ring them and say you were considering adding a few bits from the dealer and wanted to make them aware. I know one guy (not churchill) whos insurance went down when adding a cooler as it helped safe guard the engine. His exhaust again was just to improve flow and again didnt increase his premium.

Comment

thing is they assume you mean putting 20 inch spinners and nitrous on so careful explanation goes a long way.

was your car modded when you bought it? always wondered how it would effect insurance if say ypu bought a car which had say eibachs on but you didnt realise and then say joined a forum a few mon ths later and found out, if you rang the ins comp and said oh its got these on but i didnt know, how would it effect it? anyone know?
          Last edited by YTVXR; 4 August 2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

hmmmm thankyou for the advice the only things that i was going to look into putting on the car was a remus exhaust system and lowering it, that was all i fancied doing untill i can change insurance companys and then will move on to a remap etc.
            my car is 07 plate and is out of warranty so thats not really going to be an issue but i would imagine if i put it in those words they may help me out alot more .

Comment

just ask them if its o.k for vauxhall to change the exhaust over as yours is faulty lol

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                just ask them if its o.k for vauxhall to change the exhaust over as yours is faulty lol
                haha

Comment

if they ask why you felt the need to ring them and tell them just say youd rather be safe than sorry as vaux have 2 different makes of system, something called an OEM one and a REMUS one and they only have a REMUS in stock

Comment

So does anyone know if Churchill will insure an exhaust then?
                    Sapphire Black Corsa Vxr

Comment

Working...
                    X