This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomend me a car

So now my daugter is 7 weeks old the 3 door is really starting to take it toll and annoying me.

I'm really strugeling on what next though and was wondering if some of you could give me your ideas!?

Budget is 6k maybe 7 at a stretch. but cheaper the better. Would even go for a much older car.
    Must be a roomey 5 door or 5 door estate.
    Must be diesel and have 40+ MPG but still some poke like the astra 1.9

Have looked at BMW 3 series estate and vaulkwagen passat.
    BMW Audi VW are preferable but may not end up being in budget.

Any ideas links anyone?

just got a megane estate my self, great car to be fair. Its got 6 speed box, 6 cd changer, full glass roof and some other toys. Will also do 180 miles to a quarter of a tank. oh and 35k on the clock.

Also looked at 307 estate which arnt bad for the money and are good on fuel too.
    Last edited by Rob1981; 4 August 2010, 03:55 PM.
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

For me it has to bet the 1.9CDTi Veccy with the XP kit and 19's! I love my mrs one.

Comment

hard to find a nice one though, we looked at the veccy, loads of ex fleet cars with high miles
        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Vauxhall is no no.. Had them since i was 17 and they relly ****** me off with the one i have now!!

I have seen a few nice veccys though

Comment

Originally posted by nige87 View Post
            Vauxhall is no no.. Had them since i was 17 and they relly ****** me off with the one i have now!!

I have seen a few nice veccys though
            Don't be a traitor

Whats wrong with yours? I <3 Mine

Comment

vectra 1.9cdti is very good, i loved mine! 5 door good mpg quick and with a remap very quick...big boot, lots of space...

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                Don't be a traitor

Whats wrong with yours? I <3 Mine
                I need a 5 door mate and after all that hassel with paying out for the swirl flaps there aint a hope in hell im buying another. I've has astras since i was 17 and can't be botherd again with it all. Really has disheartened me with ever buying vaux again and i fancy a change of brand.

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                vectra 1.9cdti is very good, i loved mine! 5 door good mpg quick and with a remap very quick...big boot, lots of space...
                As said mate no more vauxhall and i own a 1.9CDTI astra and my dad has a veccy but need a change

Comment

ermmmmm.......

i wud say audi a4 then mate......1.9tdi..very nice cars and space aswell

Comment

You will keep it after Saturday! I promise!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                      You will keep it after Saturday! I promise!
                      haha i do love vaux but they make me grrrr!!!

I might end up trying to do a swap with mine and a 5 door knowing me haha!

Comment

haha i do love vaux but they make me grrrr!!!

I might end up trying to do a swap with mine and a 5 door knowing me haha!
                        Should have done it originally mate.. I was gutted when I went to a 5 door but I would rather do it once than twice

Silver lightening in 5 door

Comment

She didnt get pregant till the day after i bought it!! All her fault haha.

If i knew a little one would be on the way i would have got a 5 door without thinking!

Comment

She didnt get pregant till the day after i bought it!! All her fault haha.

If i knew a little one would be on the way i would have got a 5 door without thinking!
                            Exactly the same mate, My mrs found out the evening of the day I collected my Corsa...

Needless to say it didn't hang around too long because of that.. I got rid of mine when my daughter was 8 weeks old so its similar time scale.. I hated leaning over trying to put the baby in the back was a nightmare.

So much easier with 5 door so I know where you are coming from. What else do you fancy though for £7,000?

Comment

Nothing really that's the problem. If I get another Astra I could basically swap mine for one that's worth the same amount. 7.5 k.

I do love vauxhall and I know so much about them it would be a shame to leave the brand. If u find one in your colour let me know!

Comment

Working...
                              X