This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second service! nearly pooed my self

Just called my local dealer as my second vaux service is due in a few months. Now i get the oil and filter changed at my local place every 5k but i also want a full vaux history. Anyway the cost for this service..... £365 pounds plus vat??? really? its an oil change, filter's and plugs oh and the say i should change the brake fluid too at a cost of 65 quid.

Is this a fair price or should i look at another dealer?

need to go change my y fronts now
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

well just spoke to Thorney's and they do the same for £220.... think Hartwell are trying to rip me off!
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

thats alot of money for such little job.. max 2 hours labour.. say 80 quid. parts,, £45 sparks, £30 oil, £8 quid filter, £10 air filter. i would say roughly 200 max for what your wanting done...
      sigpic

Comment

Brett mate your being over optimistic on those prices to i think, matt bibs on here has quoted me £30 plugs, £<4 filter

so thats defo a rip off mate id shop around

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

I just paid £169 incl. VAT for my 2nd service.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
            I just paid £169 incl. VAT for my 2nd service.
            Beat me by about 3 quid lol.

Third and potentially final service from vauxhall is going to cost me £107. I normally don't both with dealer services after a car has left warranty and just service them myself and keep all receipts etc.
            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

omg what a rip off i just got mine done 2 days ago in london for £220 vaux wanted £289 + vat bloody rip offs

Comment

In all honesty servicing is a big rip off but you pay the price for the stamp in the book. Ring round tho.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
                  Brett mate your being over optimistic on those prices to i think, matt bibs on here has quoted me £30 plugs, £<4 filter

so thats defo a rip off mate id shop around
                  ano mate but he aint getting it done through mattbibs..
                  sigpic

Comment

Midpoint garage will probably slash that from what ive heard fella

Comment

i paid £140 for 2nd service at vauxhall . although i didn`t get brakefluid changed but that would of only been another £20 .

shop around and ask if they`ll price match as some dealers will

Comment

yeah i think i will, i guess they think i was born yesterday........

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
                          yeah i think i will, i guess they think i was born yesterday........
                          if you decide to go to a non vauxhall garage for servicing just make sure they use genuin vx parts and keep reciepts . also make sure they stamp the service book . you still got full service history regardless of who done it .
                          people with any common sense will know why you chose not to use vx for servicing .

i found that most decent tuners do a better service for less than vx

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                            if you decide to go to a non vauxhall garage for servicing just make sure they use genuin vx parts and keep reciepts . also make sure they stamp the service book . you still got full service history regardless of who done it .
                            people with any common sense will know why you chose not to use vx for servicing .

i found that most decent tuners do a better service for less than vx
                            yeah they only use gm parts, i have just kept the invoices, i only want vaux stamps in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
                              yeah they only use gm parts, i have just kept the invoices, i only want vaux stamps in the book.
                              i used evanhalshaw , horforth in leeds for all warranty and servicing when i had the vxr , don`t know how close you are to them but i been using them since march 2006 .

Comment

Working...
                              X