This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Camera Action tonight

Episode titled fast and furious looks alright about speeding always worth watching see what the fuzz have to say, also may feature some vxrs lol as we are pretty quick lads and ladies

i liked the episode of road wars where the cops got blitzed by the astra vxr and it loses them lol
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

i am sure they will say all deaths are due to speed.... but back in the real word speed is far from being the main cause of crash's. Dont get me wrong i am sure it plays a factor in some but most are down to driver error or not driving to the conditions.

On a another note, i am glad the good old cash cows aka speed cameras are coming to an end.
      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
        i am sure they will say all deaths are due to speed.... but back in the real word speed is far from being the main cause of crash's. Dont get me wrong i am sure it plays a factor in some but most are down to driver error or not driving to the conditions.

On a another note, i am glad the good old cash cows aka speed cameras are coming to an end.
        official statistics show speed is actually only a key factor in about 15% of road deaths. The most common is driving without due care and attention. Thats the reason the speed cameras have to come down in my view.

Comment

The main cause of death on the road is inappropriate speed for the conditions or circumstances, which does not always mean a speed in excess of the limit, and is captured in the due care figures, so the figures are flawed straight away.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

also if speed is amplified so too are the injuries

like said speed may not have been the cause but the higher speed is more likely to kill

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
              The main cause of death on the road is inappropriate speed for the conditions or circumstances, which does not always mean a speed in excess of the limit, and is captured in the due care figures, so the figures are flawed straight away.
              ok, with this being the case, it shows there is no need to punish us to the extent you do when we exceed speed limits, and that it all really is just a money grabbing scam.

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                i liked the episode of road wars where the cops got blitzed by the astra vxr and it loses them lol
                Ive seen that episode always enjoy a good police chase. Its right tho allot of the regular police cars wont stand a chance of catching us if we floored it

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                  Well said Dave!

Wanted to say that but didn't know how to word it without it sounding wenglish! Lol
                  12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

Originally posted by Sootie600 View Post
                    Ive seen that episode always enjoy a good police chase. Its right tho allot of the regular police cars wont stand a chance of catching us if we floored it
                    and isn't that a good feeling to have inside! lol

Comment

wat time n channel or have i missed the boat?

Comment

itv @2100

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                          and isn't that a good feeling to have inside! lol
                          Indeed ha ha I dont think theyd fancy even trying if i was speeding on a dual carridge way and saw a focus in distance not st spec but a normal panda car id prob floor it and see if I could get away lol

Comment

we should have one of those channels where they put live police chases on!

Comment

Originally posted by danny_boy View Post
                              we should have one of those channels where they put live police chases on!
                              yeh that would be sweet. My favourite channel is dicovery turbo god its addicitve and some right programs on it too

Comment

Working...
                              X