This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving in france and switzland...

hi people, just wanted to get upto scratch with the laws of the roads in france and swizland as im off tomoz morning for a drive down to the coast then down through france to switzland and i wouldnt mind being brough up to speed on any point that could be worth bearing in mind while on their roads....

If you use the Motorways in Switzaland, you will need a Vignette, which if I remember right lasts for a year
    Last edited by burgerken374; 5 August 2010, 11:10 PM.
    sigpic
    Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
    Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
    BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
    'Clique' # 1

Comment

Yep you need a vignette for switzland

can buy online or from the border control when you show your passport

£27 for a year

Comment

ye good point ill have to get it from border control cheers lads.

Comment

In France 2 new laws has been added, they are, there must be a Hi-vis vest for every occupant traveling in the car and these must be carried inside the car and not in the boot, everyone must wear them if the car is incapacitated in any way, then everyone has to get out of the car and find a place safely away from it.
          Plus, if you are one of the first to come across an accident you must by law stop and assist until the authorities arrive.

Comment

that a wind up!!

Comment

nope its true, ive just planned a trip for september from france to italy then back throught zurich, goshenen, nurburg, brussles and brugge.

check out the AA site as it has loads on european travels

Comment

just read it ! o god didnt no that! lol thanks again lads .

Comment

thought u hated smashing miles on the burg mate? lol

once ur there though u will forget about the miles and think wow these roads are so much better than ours...def when u get into switzerland. drive safe bro
                  BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.
                  **Progress thread here!**

Comment

aaaa well andy my son thats where your rong!! (and right..lol) i do hate smashing the miles on it so im taking the 320d! bring on the decent mpg lol and why havent i seen your name down for the southend meet mate? had a decent little drive down there last time!lol

Comment

what u got a beamer as well. dam!

well mate that is the day I fly out to ibiza! trust when I get back I'm on it and def a massive cleaning session
                      BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.
                      **Progress thread here!**

Comment

o ok good excuse! lol well drop me a txt when your back and ill get on the polishing action!!

Comment

i went from France to Germany then to Switzerland and back to France last year, when i got to the swish border there was no border control and i had to get a vignette from a post office in zug where we stayed, and you have to display it on your front window, still go last years on mine come to think of it, watch your speed in Switzerland as the cops are supposedly really strict on speeding. i would say Zürich and zug are really nice places to visit while your there if you get the chance

Comment

isit true the french time you between toll point on the motrway and work out your adverage speed?

Comment

Originally posted by DannansozVXR View Post
                              isit true the french time you between toll point on the motrway and work out your adverage speed?
                              not heard of that one, i didn't get court anyway, 140 on the autobahn in Germany and they charge a bomb for using there **** roads, they need to use some of there toll money to repair the pot holes

Comment

Working...
                              X