This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCDS (Tech 2) idea

i have just bought a OB2 cable and VCDS software of ebay nice and cheap wasnt expecting much but im very impressed with it. It works in a similar way to Tech 2 but is controled via laptop one of the features is a data logger which will record what info you have selected while out on a drive so you dont have to try drive and watch the screen. I tryed this out the other night and put the Nm info on to record took it for a spin then upon return i watched the graph play back in real time which was awsome but the graph only goes up to 400Nm and my car according to the figs it showed in the small box it produced 410Nm (302ft-lb) the line just shoots up and disapears off the screen lol. I know this fig to be right as i had it rolling roaded last week at 300ft-lb .

It will even show 1/4mile times 0-62 and so on then i got to thinking this software runs on windows and there is a double din stereo on ebay ive been thinking of getting that i know can be re flashed with windows OS. So in theroy i could get the above stereo re flash it with windows then add the VCDS software and connect that to my OB2 port and have an on board diagnostics computer to show info like below

green line is the Nm

and the max reading

cant remember what the other figs are that i set for this run off the top of my head red was rpm

so what do you think?
    FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
    182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
    "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

looks awsum mate wonder if i can get anything like this for the meriva...

what quater mile and 0-60 you get or you not tryed ?
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

not tryed yet its not that easy to navigate and as i am a novice i dont want to foook up the car but ive been realy busy at work as well so i will have a play tomorrow and try find that menu page as it has to be conected to the car to view the program fully
      FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED

Comment

Have you got a link for this mate? Is ****** not just a better system or does this do fault codes etc too?
        sigpic

Comment

looks a intresting bit kit mate
          VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

yep clears fault codes full monty

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.html

that is where the software comes from

Comment

I'd be careful with clearing fault codes mate VCDS is supposed to be for the VW and Audi group of cars, I certainly wouldnt try to program anything.

Surprised the data logging worked but thats a good thing to have, can certainly look for flat spots etc.

EDIT* just realised you have a skoda in your sig, so thats why it works LOL, I feel silly now lol

Comment

if its off ebay they it will be more than likely a copy just like the op-con which i have but i only use it for data logging an thats it... wouldnt use it to change settings or clear anythin as you might put a virus onto the ecu....
                my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Will have a read Into this one day soon sounds interesting

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                    if its off ebay they it will be more than likely a copy just like the op-con which i have but i only use it for data logging an thats it... wouldnt use it to change settings or clear anythin as you might put a virus onto the ecu....
                    i have a full version

Comment

What's vcds? I've got a full version of vag-com and a USB hex canbus lead that I bought for my audi. You saying it may work?

Gareth
                      sigpic
                      JUST GOES LIKE STINK .... END OV!! Stage 3 and LSD to come next!!

Comment

Working...
                      X