This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust insurance

Well I bought my scorpion exhaust the other day not fitted it yet but thought I'd better check with my insurance first.

So I rang Churchill who then said they would insure me but only if the was no gain in bhp as they no longer insure performance mods.

I now have near enough 700 quids worth of exhaust stuck under my bed till january when my
    renewal is due.

I know I should have checked this before I bought the exhaust but I ve never had problems with adding mods before and just thought Churchill would be the same.

Don't know what to do now want to fit my exhaust but don't want to void my insurance!
    Sapphire Black Corsa Vxr

Some may disagree with this but

bang it on

don't tell em

and most off all

don't crash

Comment

Originally posted by Bram66VXR View Post
      Well I bought my scorpion exhaust the other day not fitted it yet but thought I'd better check with my insurance first.

So I rang Churchill who then said they would insure me but only if the was no gain in bhp as they no longer insure performance mods.

I now have near enough 700 quids worth of exhaust stuck under my bed till january when my
      renewal is due.

I know I should have checked this before I bought the exhaust but I ve never had problems with adding mods before and just thought Churchill would be the same.

Don't know what to do now want to fit my exhaust but don't want to void my insurance!

JUst dont declare it fella thats all u can do without loosing out and having it in the garage for months just be brave and do it.

Comment

I have been think of this but just don't think the misses will let me get away with it. Plus if I crash I would be up the creek with no paddle!!
        I can't understand insurance companies you pay your insurance every year declare your mods. But all you get is bummed. Makes me think I should buy a crap car an not bother with any thing.
        Last edited by Bram66VXR; 7 August 2010, 11:41 PM.
        Sapphire Black Corsa Vxr

Comment

I've got a secret for you

Lots of people doooo it… shhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
            I've got a secret for you

Lots of people doooo it… shhhhh
            Don't get me wrong I would never do that it just annoys me!
            Sapphire Black Corsa Vxr

Comment

just cancel your policy and start a new one with a company which will insure you with the mod's......

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Why not cancel your policy, claim the money back on the remaining months and go with a modified specific insurer if you want it on that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
                  just cancel your policy and start a new one with a company which will insure you with the mod's......
                  Beat to it

Comment

Originally posted by Bram66VXR View Post
                    Don't get me wrong I would never do that it just annoys me!
                    just act dumb.... tell them your not sure if it adds bhp without RR it your not to know for sure!

Comment

Mate if I was you I'd be putting it on in the dark now! I would have only come online for someone to tell me what I was thinking (putting it on and not telling insurance)

Comment

Just tell them you are not sure if it does and its a cosmetic mod

Comment

if you crash tell them it came with the car and you thought it was a standard exhaust,lol

Comment

Originally posted by marky999 View Post
                            if you crash tell them it came with the car and you thought it was a standard exhaust,lol
                            Some how I don't think they would let me get away with that lol.
                            Sapphire Black Corsa Vxr

Comment

Don't know if it is possible on a scorpion but why not fit it with out the cat and save your pennies for stage 3 in january and put the cat back on then?
                              Arden Astra VXR
                              Black e92 320d
                              Silver e92 335d
                              Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
                              Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

Working...
                              X