Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VX220 Turbo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VX220 Turbo

    I have a Astra vxr stage 3 but im looking at getting a VX220 turbo. Im wanting it at stage 2 and i've seen a few knocking about for around 13000, stage 2 with about 40 - 50 k miles 03 - 04 plate. I've just come across a bog standard VX220 turbo with 27 k miles 05 plate for 13000. Would it be best to get this one as it hasnt been played with and do the stage 2 myself? Also would stage 2 be faster than my stage 3 astra... even top end?

  • #2
    most will have been done by tuners you know! stick to who you have belief in


    also most of these owners are far more knowledgeable than your average petrol head! id be looking for one with the right receipts, they are well known for their car knowledge and bonus would be them being active forum members and posting lots of history on the car for you to look up

    sigpic


    Comment


    • #3
      found this infor ....http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/t...bo-power.shtml

      look's like another £2099 for stage 2 if you buy from standard to get stage 2...

      a vx220 turbo with a stage 2 map (thorney map) your looking at 235/245 bhp..in a very very light waight car...off the mark around bends and so on it would leave a stage 3 car..on a nice straight no...
      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

      '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by randomgary View Post
        most will have been done by tuners you know! stick to who you have belief in


        also most of these owners are far more knowledgeable than your average petrol head! id be looking for one with the right receipts, they are well known for their car knowledge and bonus would be them being active forum members and posting lots of history on the car for you to look up
        that is very good/sound advice right there !!
        ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

        '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
          found this infor ....http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/t...bo-power.shtml

          look's like another £2099 for stage 2 if you buy from standard to get stage 2...

          a vx220 turbo with a stage 2 map (thorney map) your looking at 235/245 bhp..in a very very light waight car...off the mark around bends and so on it would leave a stage 3 car..on a nice straight no...
          Damn i was hoping that it would leave my astra on a straight. I was hoping it would of been faster as i want to go up not down, looks like i'll be looking for a different car lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Would stage 4 be quicker or at least the same on the straight? As its around 300bhp isnt it?

            Comment


            • #7
              Go on vx220.org dude. As much info as you could ever need on there.

              Comment


              • #8
                A standard VX220 turbo will leave an astra stage 3 standing.

                VX220 0-60 4.2 seconds

                Astra Stage 3 0-60 around 5.8 - 6 seconds.

                Info taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VXR

                Comment


                • #9
                  Tried signing up but wont let me on to post. Had a look around but not much info on what stage 4 would keep up with

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                    A standard VX220 turbo will leave an astra stage 3 standing.

                    VX220 0-60 4.2 seconds

                    Astra Stage 3 0-60 around 6 seconds.

                    Info taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VXR
                    Yeah thats 0 - 60 which hardly ever happens. From a rolling start....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                      Yeah thats 0 - 60 which hardly ever happens. From a rolling start....
                      VX220 will still leave the Astra standing, all done to the weights of the cars and bhp per tonne.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                        VX220 will still leave the Astra standing, all done to the weights of the cars and bhp per tonne.
                        So the stage 4 will leave the stage 3 astra?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                          So the stage 4 will leave the stage 3 astra?
                          I would expect the standard to beat an stage 3, as stated above it down to bhp per tonne and torque.

                          VXR220 - 930 kg / 220 bhp = 236.56 hp/tonne

                          Astra Stage 3 - 1393 kg / 300 bhp = 215.36 hp/tonne

                          As you see from the above figures the VX220 has move power.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            But standard is only 200bhp. I know its very light but i've had stripped out turbo'd saxos that couldnt keep up etc

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                              But standard is only 200bhp. I know its very light but i've had stripped out turbo'd saxos that couldnt keep up etc
                              You are correct, getting confused between the different versions.

                              VX220 has 200 bhp and VXR220 has 220bhp

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X