This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping front wheels with back

will swapping my front wheels with the back make the tracking out ?
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

no, but why do you want to do that, you want the most grip on the back as it is easierto correct over steer than trying to get the back end back in line.
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
      no, but why do you want to do that, you want the most grip on the back as it is easierto correct over steer than trying to get the back end back in line.
      was thinking for even wear on the tyres,,

im thinking buy 2 new tyres to raplace the front 2 but put them on the rear so it would have brand new rear tyres then and minor worn front ..

just i hate having different tyres on back to front and i was recomended some good tyres ...

that way the new tyres will be on back so will last longer and then when the tyres that or on rear now go n frnt will wear down then when i replace them i will have 4 the same tyres...

confusing i know lol
      VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

yeah put the new tryres on the back an the ones on the back to the front... thats what i did.
        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

I like your logic and when I had to get one new one as I ripped the front passenger one, it went straight on the back.

Talking tyres I saw a TT with almost bald tyres on the outer edge. I was tempted to tell him but thought if it's in that bad a state I think he must know about it and know that he is taking a risk with the law.

Comment

I'd much prefer the better tyres on the front. Theyre the ones that pull the car along and i'd rather deal with the back stepping out than turning a corner and having the front go straight
            sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Nurburg608 View Post
              I'd much prefer the better tyres on the front. Theyre the ones that pull the car along and i'd rather deal with the back stepping out than turning a corner and having the front go straight
              Watch this and you'll change your mind........

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-care...artire-change/

Comment

There also a video about this in the driving tips section I always thought putting newer on the front was better until I watched the video's but I suppose its personal choice
                sigpic
                Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
                Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

thats a goog clip its changed my mind thanks

Comment

vee hickle ! lol

good vid

Comment

Originally posted by welshboy View Post
                      Watch this and you'll change your mind........

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-care...artire-change/
                      Originally posted by Red Ice VXR View Post
                      There also a video about this in the driving tips section I always thought putting newer on the front was better until I watched the video's but I suppose its personal choice
                      Still didn't change my mind It is probably correct on a broad basis as it pertains more to being able to "feel" the loss of grip, which obviously is easier to tell through the front tyres.

But as said above, just personal choice. Maybe
                      sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

Working...
                      X