This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 mpg?

After many conversations about what mpg people get out of their astra vxr's and how many miles to a tank they can get, I decided to do a test on our last tank of fuel.

To a full tank of tesco momentum we got 230 miles dead and the trip said average consumption was 22.8 mpg. This was driving reasonably sensibly the majority of the time, is this good or bad?

A few mates have said they have easily got over 300 miles to a tank, the most we've had is 240 driving ridiculously sensibly, how can I get to 300?

P.s this is all town driving.

Chris

Driving first thing in the morning drinks alot! Well it does in mine

if I drive sensible I can get over 300! I change Gear at about 2500 rpm and sit at 65 on the m-way

when I first got it I used to drive sensible whilst doing that I would every so often give a good blast and that would take it's toll on the rest of the tank,

however I have had spirited drives looked at my range the. Done a sensible drive to wherever and at the end of it got a higher range than when I started!

Comment

My Astra VXR is never under 30 mpg on the trip computer. That's with a mixture of town and dual carridgeway driving.

Driving style being normal driving with the occasional blast.

Not sure how much I get to a tank, but to 40 quid of standard unleaded I will get 240 miles.

Dan
      12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

my stage 3 gets 29 mpg, thats with the odd play, town driving an motorway driving.
        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Town driving is bad for mpg as your always stop starting and cant get a good run on. Motorway will see a lot higher.
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

imthe same as you mate i never ever see above 25 mpg 99% of the time sit at 24,3mpg but that is 70 town driving 40mph roads..and the odd moto way... but i like to drive it as it should be driven so i can understand why mine is so low..

a bad mpg is 1 sign that your plugs need changing
            ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

driving mine very sensibly even around town i can get around or above 300miles to a tank and this is on normal fuel.

I think over just over 1600 miles i was averaging 35mpg and i got annoyed at myself everytime i booted it because it dropped haha

that was driving like an absolute granny most of the time though but id say 240 miles to a tank isnt that bad but that wouldnt be driving it hard just not that conservatively

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                imthe same as you mate i never ever see above 25 mpg 99% of the time sit at 24,3mpg but that is 70 town driving 40mph roads..and the odd moto way... but i like to drive it as it should be driven so i can understand why mine Lis so low..

a bad mpg is 1 sign that your plugs need changing
                How accurate are the trip computers?

Driving mine hard.....I still ain't seen less than 28mpg?????

Comment

OMG 230 miles is nothing!!! As mentioned the type of driving affects it in a big way. I do 120 miles a day and get around 300 miles a tank. Most of it is MWay so no accelerating which kills it.

So glad I get paid for the mileage I do else I would be bankrupt....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanners View Post
                    So glad I get paid for the mileage I do else I would be bankrupt....
                    +1 lol
                    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                    sigpic
                    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                      +1 lol
                      It's great when you get paid to drive your machine aint it....

Comment

It's great when you get paid to drive your machine aint it....
                        Doing 70 miles a day I wish I did! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DanEds View Post
                          Doing 70 miles a day I wish I did! Lol
                          Gees I feel for your bank account. No way could I do that. I'd have to have a 2nd car or something.

Comment

Gees I feel for your bank account. No way could I do that. I'd have to have a 2nd car or something.
                            Thought about a second car, but when you work out the tax, insurance, and running costs.....plus the price of buying it, it works out dearer! Lol

On the plus side, my VXR a lot cheaper than my old WRX to run!

Comment

Originally posted by DanEds View Post
                              Thought about a second car, but when you work out the tax, insurance, and running costs.....plus the price of buying it, it works out dearer! Lol

On the plus side, my VXR a lot cheaper than my old WRX to run!
                              Not to mention we buy these things to drive, which your doing. I wondered what to do about the insane amout of mileage I put on mine and decided to stick with what I do too.

Comment

Working...
                              X