This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career advice please!

Right guys anyone know any decent recruitment firms in or around the NorthWest / Manchester areas? - i dont mean google one and say try these lol ones you actualy have experience of or know someone that has first hand.

I have 2 job offers at the moment from within my industry (Capital Equipment) and i have 2 3rd stage interviews this week one for capital equip but diff to mine slightly (not keen as moneys s h i t e - plus the sales managers a tool) and one in telecoms which i quite fancy but not sure what the remuneration is yet to make a good judgement.

Im not completely base centric but its key and all the industry firms in in arent paying decent basics anymore due to obvious economics. Bad times.

Would like to maybe get in to something else or see whats out there, so anyt suggestions of good sectors etc or companys looking for experienced Account Managers/Sales/Managers etc etc

Not sure where to look as i ve sent my CV to few online, waiting call backs, and applied for a few jobs online but no responses which i find strange although i have been advised they usualy compile CVs for a while then sift through then invite in. Makes sense except i want to move things quickly i.e new start in sept.

Any advice would be great or tips etc

Thanks people.

no one lol

Comment

i went through manpower mate but its completely dependant on what trade your looking for really

manpower is the only 1 i have any experience of but have heard good things about allegis aswell (not sure if there still going)

HTH

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Originally posted by corsa9017 View Post
        i went through manpower mate but its completely dependant on what trade your looking for really

manpower is the only 1 i have any experience of but have heard good things about allegis aswell (not sure if there still going)

HTH

thanks will look up allegis then.

spoke to a few but they dont know their a r s e from their elbows. One said he cant put me forward for one because im too experienced!!! also they dont like putting you forward fro roles that say graduate, even though they say graduates have no experience and atke longer to learn and bring in sales etc. madness.

Comment

Rather than just sending your CV over to them, give them a call and make an appointment to see the individual who deals with the area of work you are looking for. The key to woking with a recruiment firm is to make sure your name is top of the pile when a new role comes in, so get down there and meet them, once thats done give them a call every week or so to catch up on how the market is, but also check their websites daily for new roles coming in as your cv may be missed out in a search - depends on what key words they have used, and if you spot anything you fancy, again give them a call.

Comment

Oh and one other thought, do a search for "job boards", a lot of agences use these now for posting roles on as a backup to their own website so you tend to get more roles from different agencies on the job boards.

Comment

thanks ill give a few a call. its hard because as arrogant as it sounds at times i feel im talking to an idiot as they seem to know nothing. one guy is good i must admit but a few.......... like they got hired for simply turning up!

Comment

Welcome to the world of recruitment agents!! The vast majority of them are crap, they get a new role in, search their database for key words and out pops a list of candidates. If you can find one who genuinely understands what your looking for then don't lose that relationship .... the guy who found me a role, I go back to him when I am looking to hire cos you know your going to get some decent cv's. Sadly as you say, there are very few of these.

Comment

Working...
                X