This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tools stolen

the other week i came back from holiday to find my garage had been broken into, all my tools have been stolen and other stuff. the insurance wanted a break down of what has gone. so i made a list for them and they then wanted a list with product numbers and description. i phoned them today to see how the claim is going only to find out that they don't cover vehicle accessories and tools, anyone else had this problem and if so what was the outcome? i cant believe i have lost over 2k in tools and wont get them replaced.

all depends on what policy you took out which should say whats covered and whats not covered .

i`m insured for just about everything including things left in garden .

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
      all depends on what policy you took out which should say whats covered and whats not covered .

i`m insured for just about everything including things left in garden .
      well was told today im covered for everything exept the tools, im not arsed bout the mower but i cant live without my tools

Comment

Originally posted by richvxr View Post
        well was told today im covered for everything exept the tools, im not arsed bout the mower but i cant live without my tools
        Can you not say your mower was 2k mate?

Im sure you told me before you had one of these?!

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...g&siteid=57708

Comment

what is the reason for not covering the tools? ie are they used for business?

i would be asking for the exclusion in the policy wording from them to back their decision up.

what insurance company is it?

Comment

Originally posted by rizo View Post
            what is the reason for not covering the tools? ie are they used for business?

i would be asking for the exclusion in the policy wording from them to back their decision up.

what insurance company is it?
            they just said they dont cover car accessories and car tools, not used for business just personal, axa mate

Comment

surely all your tools arn't specifically for the car though? Look out your policy documents and read all the T&C's. There is always a way round it.

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                Can you not say your mower was 2k mate?

Im sure you told me before you had one of these?!

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...g&siteid=57708
                i should have, i think there taking the p1ss because my tools cost so much to replace

Comment

i should have, i think there taking the p1ss because my tools cost so much to replace
                  I think that is madness tbh mate, whats a garage for if its not for tools?!

A shed is for **** like lawn movers etc!

Id be hitting the roof at them, just shows why bother with these companies if they are just going to screw you over!

Comment

whats does it say in your policy ??

sounds like they`re trying it on . it`s hard to comment though as policies do differ quite alot .

Comment

Working...
                    X