Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evening campers gsi problems AGAIN !!!

right the bag of crap that i bought as decided that its gonna pee me off even more and after the traction light coming on again and staying on this time its decided to pee me off even further and throwing oil and water out of the water container for the rad , does this mean as i suspect that the head gasket as gone ?? if so whats it gonna cost me before i get rid cos its the end of the road for me and this complete bag of s h i t e ??? ty
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

sounds like the head gasket. looking £500-£1000. dependent on garage

Comment

or you could have a cracked head. so need a new head.

changing the gasket can be costly as the head might need machining

Comment

only a couple of hundred to get the head skimmed and pressure tested if you can do all the spannering yourself

Comment

So who's gonna volunteer to help this lovely man?????????

Comment

£1000 it will end up in flames if that is the case (( i have only just got back in work and theres no way on earth i can afford that for some time
            sigpic
            M.U.F.C.

Comment

where are you based?

Comment

My cousin part owns a head skimming buisness from what they charge the garage to what they charge u is a joke.
                REGIONAL ORGANISER covering MANCHESTER, NORTH WALES CHESHIRE & MERSEYSIDE

Comment

if it is the head is gone i have a z20let head hear in perfect condition for £80

Comment

Originally posted by nurburgnicky View Post
                    My cousin part owns a head skimming buisness from what they charge the garage to what they charge u is a joke.

this is true, i had a head skimmed and pressure tested, wild cams fitted and shimmed, and a full set of valves and paid less than £500 for it all doing, so a skim and pressure test wont be much, its just the labour. can you do it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
                      this is true, i had a head skimmed and pressure tested, wild cams fitted and shimmed, and a full set of valves and paid less than £500 for it all doing, so a skim and pressure test wont be much, its just the labour. can you do it yourself?
                      from the amount of equipment u need from me watching a head get skimmed from start to finnish no u can`t do it your self.

Comment

i have a mate who owns a cnc machine shop and he can skim it if needed got a mate who is a top mechanic who is coming round shortly to give me the bad news so will let you all know soon )
                        sigpic
                        M.U.F.C.

Comment

that blows worsy mate. get her chopped in along with the van n get a vxr

Comment

Good luck

Comment

i dont mean skim it yourself, i mean take the head off, give it to an outside company to do the head work then you rebuild the engine yourself

Comment

Working...
                              X