This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - Kids playing football on the street

Hi Guys had a quick search and couldn;t find anything on this but Im sure someone must have had this problem.

Just moved into my first house with my girlfriend. We have a front garden that is tarmac so we can park both cars off the street. Currently the drive has no wal or gates although I am looking into building some for extra secruity plus stopping the balls hitting the cars. No damage has been done to the cars but Im sure it is only a matter of time as the ball is always in the garden.

I have asked them nicely three times not to play football outside my house cos I dont want them damaging the cars. Each time they have moved away but the next day they are back. Last night I went out to tell them again to go away. This time one of the older ones perked up saying they are allowed to play on the street. So I told hime I can't stop you playing on the street but if the ball comes in the garden again you ainty having the ball back.

Where do I stand on this one legally and what can I do to stop them playing football. I wouldn't mind but if they put a dent in the car whos going to pay for it plus the inconvience I just can't be bothered with.

Please help. Thanks.

Legally you can not do anything.

As you do not own the street, all you can do is ask them to not play outside your house, but as you already have said you have done this.

Comment

dude welcome to my world!

i have a long private drive which next door has access to and fits about 6 cars, as its end of a corner in a culdesac the kids all play on it and ride their bikes on it. despite repeated requests not to play on there they still ignore it. also io have quite a large ammount of land on the side which they think is good to climb in and play on rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i have resorted to threatening to kick the **** out of them if they do it again. ive been polite and am bored of it now. some parents were stoo near the other week and saw me shout. as i was turning one said something so i asked them if the kids could understand simple instructions? they said yes they are bright kids, i asked why they find it so hard to ingnore simple requests? no answer. i said if they do it again ill ring the police and ill confiscate any toys bikes etc that they have on my property.

one set of neighburs was wuiote good as i went round and said look i have no issue with them but ask them not to ride the bikes on my drive as if they damage the cars their will be a big b ill comign to them. and they ahvent been near.

maybe just go round to the parents and nicely say look can you have a word.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
        Legally you can not do anything.

As you do not own the street, all you can do is ask them to not play outside your house, but as you already have said you have done this.
        I understand this as they are not breaking any laws but where do I stand with them kicking the ball into the garden would I be breaking the law not giving them it back etc?

Comment

Get in touch with local council.

They might put a "no ball games" sign up.

Don't know if that will stop them, but it might give them the hint! Lol
          12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

I've got the same mate, Unfortunatly you cant do anything, You dont own the street.

I wouldnt keep kicking up to much either, You've asked them to move and they have done, Instead just ask to be carefull near the cars. If they perk up againg dont retaliate to much as you could end up with more than a football dent in your car.

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
              dude welcome to my world!

i have a long private drive which next door has access to and fits about 6 cars, as its end of a corner in a culdesac the kids all play on it and ride their bikes on it. despite repeated requests not to play on there they still ignore it. also io have quite a large ammount of land on the side which they think is good to climb in and play on rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i have resorted to threatening to kick the **** out of them if they do it again. ive been polite and am bored of it now. some parents were stoo near the other week and saw me shout. as i was turning one said something so i asked them if the kids could understand simple instructions? they said yes they are bright kids, i asked why they find it so hard to ingnore simple requests? no answer. i said if they do it again ill ring the police and ill confiscate any toys bikes etc that they have on my property.

one set of neighburs was wuiote good as i went round and said look i have no issue with them but ask them not to ride the bikes on my drive as if they damage the cars their will be a big b ill comign to them. and they ahvent been near.

maybe just go round to the parents and nicely say look can you have a word.
              This is my next step the parents. It really annoys me that half of the kids that play football there don't even live on the street. Can the council do anything as technically the street is a public highway?

Comment

Originally posted by DanEds View Post

Thats actually just happend to me aswell, Except a letter was sent to the whole street, I havent seen a ball since

Comment

Hmmmm sounds promising. I think I will look into this one. I was speaking to my neighbours and they are fed up of it too so maybe I could get a few signatures to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
                    Hmmmm sounds promising. I think I will look into this one. I was speaking to my neighbours and they are fed up of it too so maybe I could get a few signatures to back it up.
                    Yep it works.

Also get in touch with your local PCSO or nieighbourhood policing team and get them on board

Comment

Yep it works.

Also get in touch with your local PCSO or nieighbourhood policing team and get them on board
                      As no damage has actually been done yet am I still ok to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
                        As no damage has actually been done yet am I still ok to do this?
                        Yes as it's a concern to the residents in your area. That's what the NPT is for mate.

Comment

I threatened there parents when this happens outside my house, I just say for them to get there dads round to my house if there not willing to move and we will see how they take it,

never had a dad round yet, I'm waiting on a massive lump of a dad arriving one day and knocking me out
                          sigpic

Comment

Buy rifle, use as target practice. If you do it from the right angle no one will know it's you

Comment

Originally posted by S18DMW View Post
                              Buy rifle, use as target practice. If you do it from the right angle no one will know it's you
                              Do have an air rifle but don't fancy going to prision lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X