This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high insurance prices

why am i currently being crucified? all my latest insurance quotes have been over a grand!

im 28, no convictions, no accidents, 10+ years driving, good postcode (sp9) and im approaching 3 years no claims on a heavily modified group 16 car!

is it because im a squaddie?

sigpic

Everyone is getting hammered by insurance Companys, seems to be a massive trend and not just on modified cars neither just have to be patient and shop around.
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
      Everyone is getting hammered by insurance Companys, seems to be a massive trend and not just on modified cars neither just have to be patient and shop around.

it was on a standard car! said i need experience driving the car before they would even quote me! made no difference the corsa is currently more powerfull!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
        it was on a standard car! said i need experience driving the car before they would even quote me! made no difference the corsa is currently more powerfull!
        Thing i dont understand is young dudes that are 19 can get ins on astra vxrs and corsas but when i was that age insurance companies would just say no!

Im 29 with about the same as you driving wise and im 555 a year on a st2 astra?!

Im with tesco's may be try them?

I was with RAC before and the fired my premium up by 360 and i hadnt done anything atol. Called them and they said thats just how it is!

Where does it stop? Who controls it? Its essentual to have but they now think its a money making scheme that people will just pay what ever to drive so they dont have to justify themselfs to anyone.

Petrol going up and up and up, its not getting any better quality, its not harder to find, they havent had to change anything to drill it but it costs more...

Comment

Your "celeb" status costing you money Gary

I'm old - even some serious metal comes in under a £1000 now

Astra

Comment

Mine has also gone up from 950 to 1150 I think it's the same across the companies
            Sapphire Black Corsa Vxr

Comment

Mine went up this year as well, from £750 last year, to almost £900 with Chris Knott (before they stick the finance charge for paying monthly on there!). I've changed to Adrian Flux, and got it down to £776, and got my excess down from £600 to £400.

27, 6 years no claims (protected), clean licence (9 years driving), and only a couple of mods.

I did the comparison sites, and NO ONE would protect my no claims.

Comment

All premiums have gone up from last year, mine went up by £100! Try A-Plan mate, they are pretty good

Comment

id hate to think it was that Ian! its bleed me dry and ive recieved nowt for the pleasure!

i thought if anything it would make it cheeper as other recipients have experienced! my prices have went up approx £600

sigpic

Comment

I swear by Direct Line :-)

Comment

Try Green Light they cover in N Ireland and understand all about mods. Noticed an amazing difference since I changed.
                      Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

im insured to my work as the veh is there 95% of the time! only in norn iron twice a year

sigpic

Comment

Think it still worth a quote cost me £470 for Stage III astras all mods declared
                          Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

well from an official insurance source all prices are up 20%

hes currently looking into why i had a no quote on a standard group 17 car!

i aint holding my breath

sigpic

Comment

well it appears it is worth getting personal with companies! they managed to come back with a price of £911 which is £200 cheeper than anyother quote ive recieved!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X