This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackjax info please :)

Could someone preferably with the clifford blackjax installed please try and explain how it works on a day to day basis?

I've done all the searches before you start but only ever get the sales jargon about handing over the keys an the lights and siren flashing and whailing and the car slowly cutting the power and stopping ect

What I want to know is… I read on one of the sites something about opening doors whilst engines running and it silently activating and then doing the above :S I always open doors ect so don't want to be minding my own busines driving down the road after let's say opening my door to find myself in the embarSsing situation of having my cars lights and whatnot making noises and having to fumble for a button to type in a code?!?!

Would really appreciate some more info on this guys as the search button and google ain't helpin me out tooo well

I know a few of you out there are using blackjax

thanks in advance

ps other than that the next person I see with blackjax in there siggy is getting pmd to death with questions

Hi buddy

I don't have it fitted but know what it does

In basic terms, everytime you start the car you must enter a code to deactivate it
    Or if the car is still running and someone opens your door it then triggers again and requires the code to be entered
    sigpic

Comment

So everytime I open my door I would have to type a code in??? Stewart mate at least someone cares about me

Comment

iv got it mate, basicaly everytime you open /close the door you have to type the code in thats it the ignitions on. it is anoying at the start but you get used to it
        like putting ya seatbelt on. you can easily disable it on valet mode at anytime. but it is a handy device to hav on ya car tho....
        INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Cheers mate! Still can't get my head around it. Everytime I open the dooor omg what… I open the door all the time to open the gates at work ect! What if you open the door and close it and just sit there for 10 minutes? I always leave the car running with my gf in it would it go off??

On all the pictures I've never seen a keypad?? What's it like? Any pictures?

Thanks again!

Comment

I had a Civic Type R for a year or so when they first came out. I made myself paranoid by reading stories of other owners getting car jacked or having their house broke into for the keys. As a result, I went down the Clifford Blackjax route rather than having a tracker fitted. Its a good system but it soon gets very tiresome having to put the code in everytime you start the car or open a door. Also, its not even an insurance approved system and gets fitted turned off - you have to activate it yourself.

<Russ>

Comment

Seeee these are the things I'm wondering about!

How well it actually works in practice not just theoretically on paper!

Don't know if I should bother now!?

Just don't wanna fork out on a full Clifford sytem when the factory alarm is a cat 1?

Still lost as too where the keypad would be put?

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
                Seeee these are the things I'm wondering about!

How well it actually works in practice not just theoretically on paper!

Don't know if I should bother now!?

Just don't wanna fork out on a full Clifford sytem when the factory alarm is a cat 1?

Still lost as too where the keypad would be put?
                I don't know if it's anything like their older models, but if it is, it's a rocker switch and not a keypad.

I've never seen a Blackjax though
                sigpic

Comment

Have seen on piccys just a rocker switch! But not sure how you can type a 4 digit code in to deactivate it?!

Comment

an uprated alarm is pointless nowadys 99% of modern car theft is done with the keys so an uprated alarm aint gonna do jack

i have had this debate with myself over aqnd over

keypad jobbie , tracker , nothing etc etc

imagine they did steal it and could not get away they would be back in with a knife toyour throat asking for the code id give it to them lol

also if you had a tracker would you really want it back anyway . . . . i wouldent is the conclusion i came to .

hth

Comment

I've had all this before when a car full of lads tried to car jack me and was just thinking I they where to get it and rag it about the streets and I was to get it back I would have to then sell it because I wouldn't want it!

Therefor if it was to stop half way down the street light flashing horn beeping/ alam going off the likelyness of them hanging around is quite slim!

And a car that's only got a few hundred yards I'd rather have back than one that's done a few hundred miles

if you get where I'm coming from arron mate

Comment

I had the one without a keypad fitted, to my corsa, i had a 'secret' micro switch/button that had to be pressed.
                        Open door to get in start engine, you have a set amount of time to press the button (or keypad code), away you go, each time ANY door is opened for whatever reason you have to press the button (or keycode), because the unit is wired into the door wiring system, on my one if you forget the button press, after about a 1/4 mile it will make a chattering noise to alert you to press it, if you ignore it, lets say to test it out, you have approx a mile before it stops the car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info dude! Does anyone know if there still like this??

Comment

To be honest I don't think I could deal with that, entering a code lark all the time.

Effort
                            Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
                              To be honest I don't think I could deal with that, entering a code lark all the time.

Effort
                              thats why im trying to get people who have its views because i deffinately wouldnt remember to press a button/ type a code!! i sometimes forget to turn the bloody engine on so god knows how ide cope

Comment

Working...
                              X