This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some HELP please guys!

Ok last night i was picking pals up from a nightclub about 3 in the morning. Now i went down the street which leads up to this nightclub not thinking anything of it and about 5 mins later i had 2 police cars one infront and one behind me jumping out the car and came up to my window told me keys out and in the back of my car. I done so and after all the checks were done for insurance etc etc they issued me with a ticket, i said whats this? The women police officer said its a fixed penalty 3 points and a £60 fine....at this point i was shocked not thinking i had done anything wrong so i said excuse me but what for? She said disobeying a no entry sign. So she then gave me the ticket and told me to get out the car. At this point i went round to where i had entered the street to see that the sign wasnt a no entry sign but infact a no vehicles sign the one that is white with a red border. Now i admit that if i had seen this i wouldnt have went down the street but it isnt a no entry sign. When i got home i googled it and for this sign by the road traffic act 1988 i should only have been issued with a fine and no points but on the ticket the police have written disobeying a no entry sign

What should i do people some advice please would be excellent i am completely lost?

Help is at hand here >>> FightBack Forums

Comment

This is where it gets a bit of a touchy subject.
      If you feel that the information you have got off google is correct then first piont of call
      has to be a consultation with a solicitor, who should be able to put you right.
      Does the ticket state the street name were you recieved it ?
      If so get a photo of the sign before you see the brief.
      I have heard of cases like this being thrown out of court for not containing the correct information ie no entry sign ?
      Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Just spoke to a friend who is a copper for Essex police. He said you shouldn't get points but you would of got a ticket or it's at the copper desecreion. I would take a photo were you got caught and go see the copper who issue the ticket Sargent. He may over ride it. If not consult a lawyer. Example I went down no entry in a 18t truck in London and got a fpn for £60, that's it.

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

The white circular signs with a red border are known as regulation ten signs under the road traffic act. Disobaying these carries verious penalties. I believe that the fine and points are correct but i must admit i have never issued one under these circumstances.

Have a look here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ns/DG_10022425

Easiest thing to do is have a chat with a solicitor, the first hours consultation is normally free

Comment

Originally posted by royboyvxr View Post
            Just spoke to a friend who is a copper for Essex police. He said you shouldn't get points but you would of got a ticket or it's at the copper desecreion. I would take a photo were you got caught and go see the copper who issue the ticket Sargent. He may over ride it. If not consult a lawyer. Example I went down no entry in a 18t truck in London and got a fpn for £60, that's it.
            If the ticket was given in error, i.e. shouldnt have been issued a ticket with points then he will have to elect to have the matter heard at court as they / CPS will be the only people that can override the ticket, his sergeant wont be able to.

Comment

Oh I must of heard wrong mmmm, are you a copper then ??? How come I didn't get points in London in my truck ??? I thought it was just a fixed penalty notice... Well all I'm going say on the matter is if the copper is in the wrong and cps throw it out, What a waste of my tax...

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                The white circular signs with a red border are known as regulation ten signs under the road traffic act. Disobaying these carries verious penalties. I believe that the fine and points are correct but i must admit i have never issued one under these circumstances.

Have a look here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ns/DG_10022425

Easiest thing to do is have a chat with a solicitor, the first hours consultation is normally free

Nice one Jay, good see you give some advice.
                and I mean this in a good way.
                Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by royboyvxr View Post
                  Oh I must of heard wrong mmmm, are you a copper then ??? How come I didn't get points in London in my truck ??? I thought it was just a fixed penalty notice... Well all I'm going say on the matter is if the copper is in the wrong and cps throw it out, What a waste of my tax...
                  Everybody can make mistakes, coppers are only human aswell ya know I have no idea why you may have not got any points but as i have said i cant be 100% certain as to the penalty as i havent issued a ticket for this so would have to check when im in the office and im at home now.

Comment

I got nothing against the police, unless there ticketing me :-p But when they make mistakes it cost me, and that does make us all hissy.. :-) but be interesting to no if you do get points. If you do I'm one lucky little **** bag :-)

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

Comment

Working...
                    X