X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye ST

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/252078/

This is getting silly now! New engines are more efficent and less polluting than any others in history and the EU still aren't happy!

Comment

Irs laughable because it wont make a real difference!

Comment

Not one bit, look at the BMW M5 as an example, they get rid of the V10 because of this EU gubbins, so replace it with a more powerful twin turbo V8!!

Comment

this 'proof' says it will ditch the 2.5 5 cylindar and its next modal will be a 4 cylindar. So me thinks they will just be introducing a 2ltr turbo and 'possibly' call it something else, but i doubt it. astra and golf are 2.0 turbos. it seems to be the way forward atm!

Comment

wonder how long it will be before we are back to a horse and cart
            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Spool View Post
              this 'proof' says it will ditch the 2.5 5 cylindar and its next modal will be a 4 cylindar. So me thinks they will just be introducing a 2ltr turbo and 'possibly' call it something else, but i doubt it. astra and golf are 2.0 turbos. it seems to be the way forward atm!

Im thinking the same. Makes sense as its a popular car!

Comment

If it's as tuneable as the golf engine it can't go wrong. 350bhp is stupidly easy to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                  Im thinking the same. Makes sense as its a popular car!
                  yeah, they are as common as clouds!
                  The btcc has even gone to 2.0 turbos for next year! There is alot you can do to vary the power and delivery with such a platform so there will be plenty of competition about!

Im surprised the MOT minimum hasnt gone up yet, what with the scrappage scheme having finished! If the government really wanna reduce emissions then they could do alot more to tackle the motorist, but luckily they arent yet!

Comment

Delete that post, they may be monitoring this and getting ideas

Comment

lol

Comment

It's a total farse. Do you not think if they removed all the stupid speed humps that make folk break an accelarate more causing more emmissions an all these stupid traffic lights they seem to be putting every where we might see a reduction in emmissions.

Comment

We're nothing but cash cows lol

Comment

Not another nice car out of the game until we get a new model. Such a shame.

Comment

haha! dont be so disapointed, I bet more than likely its just ploy and tactics!!

I do wonder though, is the CTR or the VTEC thats gone?!! if its the VTEC then that means there are a couple of other cars not getting it any more too, which would mean that, like above, next year will see the new generation CTR!! If it is the CTR though, Im quite surprised!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X