This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Whats It Worth

Im thinking of selling my Corsa VXR in part ex for a 10 plate Astra VXR from a dealer.

Here is the car`s spec

Corsa VXR 57 plate. Registred Jan 08
    Metallic Black
    18" Alloys (Couple of very minor scuffs)
    Air Condition
    Cruise Control
    Ipod Connection (Not sure if thats satandard on the Corsa)
    Sight & Light Pack
    23K miles almost
    Inside & Out is Imaculate
    Ive been offered between £7500 and £8500 for mine from a few dealers and have done some quotes online from Parkers Guide

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-p...=11000&years=3

I cant help thinking that Parkers Guide is more favourble to helping out the dealer than the customer who is selling i.e me.

Book prices that dealers go off personally I think is utter rubbish, shouldnt it go off the condition of the car at the time.

Any suggestions would be welcome please. Personally I think at least £9500 would be a good price for mine but obviously im being biased but the condition that my car is in and extras that its got I would pay at least £9.5K all day long.

Thanks

Matt

I'd PM Longy79 for a decent trade price and check out Pistonheads for private sales prices as they are the competition so to speak

Astra

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Come on people Ive gone to the trouble of asking for some advice and no one is bothering.

Comment

hard to value cars at the min mate ur prob right its worth around 9k but at this current time no one is buying private and the dealers are taking advantage of this and offering peanust trade in,,,

i considered getting shut the merv about a month ago but dealers only offered 10k for it s ill hold on to it
            VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
              hard to value cars at the min mate ur prob right its worth around 9k but at this current time no one is buying private and the dealers are taking advantage of this and offering peanust trade in,,,

i considered getting shut the merv about a month ago but dealers only offered 10k for it s ill hold on to it
              Totally agree with the comments, no one is buying privately and dealers know this.

Comment

Give me a sec and I will do a parkers valuation for you.

Comment

Vauxhall Corsa (2006-)
                  3Dr Hatchback 1.6T VXR ( 2008/57 )

Car valuation adjusted for 23,000 miles

Retail: £11,404
                  Private Good: £9,444
                  Private Average: £8,364
                  Private Poor: £7,811
                  Part Exchange: £8,894
                  Trade: £8,644

Hope that helps mate

Comment

Thanks for that guys.
                    Lawro - I know I did the same valuation. Its pathetic the resale value that they put on cars nowadays.

Kirky - I know what you mean. The are tons of VXR`s on Autotrader and Pistonheads at the moment. Nobody is buying at the minute.

I like car but the longer I keep hold of it the more its oing to lose when I do come to sell.

Its bloody frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by MattHVXR View Post
                      Thanks for that guys.
                      Lawro - I know I did the same valuation. Its pathetic the resale value that they put on cars nowadays.

Kirky - I know what you mean. The are tons of VXR`s on Autotrader and Pistonheads at the moment. Nobody is buying at the minute.

I like car but the longer I keep hold of it the more its oing to lose when I do come to sell.

Its bloody frustrating to say the least.
                      possibly post a thread for part x im sure some astra owners are looking at going the oposit way,,, i know haz traded his astra in for a corsa..

that way you bath get to skip the middle man "dealer" and both get a good price...

just a sugestion mate
                      VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Without looking mate i think £8k as a trade in aint a bad shout & probably £9k privately and you wouldn't be far wrong.

Comment

I dont mean to have a go Spike but ive had quite a few quotes around that price from VX approved dealers and feel that its the dealers are trying to be greedy mate.
                          They could easily sell it on for around 11 to 12K and make even more if I was to take out the finance.

I not going to get robbed by a dealer. I would rather sell it privately.

Once again Sorry to have a go but I feel very strongly about getting ripped off.

Originally posted by SpikeVXR View Post
                          Without looking mate i think £8k as a trade in aint a bad shout & probably £9k privately and you wouldn't be far wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MattHVXR View Post
                            I dont mean to have a go Spike but ive had quite a few quotes around that price from VX approved dealers and feel that its the dealers are trying to be greedy mate.
                            They could easily sell it on for around 11 to 12K and make even more if I was to take out the finance.

I not going to get robbed by a dealer. I would rather sell it privately.

Once again Sorry to have a go but I feel very strongly about getting ripped off.
                            It don't affect me buddy so you carry on lol.

But to be honest i think your opinion of what dealers would wanna sell it for is a little out mate because i know Evans Halshaw price compare there cars, well we do at Bedford and i'm sure most dealers would do the same if they wanna sell anything.
                            There's no point in a dealer sticking that car up at £11k - £12k when it clearly isn't worth it because it will sit on a forecourt dropping in price like mad.
                            If you look on Auto trader we are selling a 57 plate with 25k very similar to yours for £10 041.

What you do need to bare in mind is dealers are business's and have costs like service prep bills, possible bodyshop prep bills, paying the sales man, the vat man etc etc lol & they are business's and without making some sort of profit they would close, and don't get me wrong i do know there are some wrongen's out there but we ain't all bad.

Comment

VXR's have plummeted in price the last few months Bad time to sell. Hopefully it will pick up again soon.
                              Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                              Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Working...
                              X