This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i use to top up the coolant

my coolant level is abit low so needs topping up...... what do i need to use, or is sutable, i was thinking this in the link below, will that be ok or should i use something different?

http://answers.halfords.com/answers/.../questions.htm

Corsa VXR now sold

The highlighted product will be fine.

Do you know why you are losing coolant ?

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
      The highlighted product will be fine.

Do you know why you are losing coolant ?
      cheers
      an i have no idea, i don't think its leaking. it will need a service soon so i'm just guessing as i'm doing a lot of miles its just evaporated or something......... i have virtually no idea what happens under the bonnet of a car

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

How much are you losing - try to note how much you top up with and how long it takes to top up again

Astra

Comment

After having my radiator replaced by vauxhall a few month ago ive noticed that the coolant is just water and they didnt put any antifreeze in, do you think i could take it back and tell them to sling some in as surely they should no better??

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
            After having my radiator replaced by vauxhall a few month ago ive noticed that the coolant is just water and they didnt put any antifreeze in, do you think i could take it back and tell them to sling some in as surely they should no better??
            It should contain antifreeze, as come winter it will freeze and probably damage your engine.

Take it back, to confirm it does not have antifreeze.

Comment

Sounds like you have the corsa radiator leak/problem.

However, if small amount (one off) just fill up with a small amount of water. If having to do this constantly you really need a proper summer/winter antifreeze mix, else you will weaken your current coolant too much and seeing winter is fast approaching now, I wouldnt advise that.

I am assuming you havent got anything special in your coolant - your std yes ?
              sigpic

Comment

Its just water mate, my pal noticed the other day who is an heavy goods mechanic and pointed out, he said it can also cause the engine to rust over a long time!! I havnt needed to top it up since having the new rad fitted so its not been watered down or anything, monkeys at the dealers couldnt give a rats a55 again obviously. Im not very mechanically minded and didnt no it was so important untill my mate said they should be shut down for doing that.

Comment

oh poo i have a leak, i checked it 2 weeks a go when it was down by half, and that has halfed again

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Take it back mate and get a new one, p.s make sure they put antifreeze in unlike me

Comment

Take it back mate and get a new one, p.s make sure they put antifreeze in unlike me
                      for now i'm just going to top it up...... the bloody thing is out of warenty now so i'll have to pay for the repair i'm getting a bit fed up with my car now, might be time for a change

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Ring them upo still as your only just out of warranty and they might do it as a good will gesture or put something towards as its a common problem, might be worth a try mate.

Comment

Ring them upo still as your only just out of warranty and they might do it as a good will gesture or put something towards as its a common problem, might be worth a try mate.
                          i'll give them a ring on monday see if they'll help me out

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Working...
                          X