X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont like Insurance companies

"Why?" you ask.

Mainly because I find their quotes to be as random as a packet of Rowntrees Random.

The constantly spew out these outrageous, inconsistent and frankly unreasonable figures. That that hold no real reason for being to them.

One company my quote one £3598.72p for a policy.

Why such a random figure? Not even the operator on the other side of the line could provide you with one.

Whereas another company may quote one £1203.59p.

Random still.... But with a number of ncb;s one would expect the such a reasonable'ish quote.

I feel as though insurance companies have been robbing car owners blind for years. And I find it shocking that they've been allowed to do so for so long.

Why don't they charge flat fees instead of these stupid random figures?

By the way I have two messages for the following insurance companies -

Elephant/Bell/Admiral - You took the piss out of me by raising my policy twice. The joke is that Ive never made a claim. So why up it.

Greenlight - Random quote yes.... Reasonable quote... Yes. For this I am grateful.

KrissNott - I know you guys operate on her. Perhaps you could comment on all of this..

Daniel "DAIR" aka "The Insurance Hater"

I'm with you on this. I absolutely _HATE_ insurance companies for the simple fact as you put it:

I feel as though insurance companies have been robbing car owners blind for years. And I find it shocking that they've been allowed to do so for so long.

That is all they do. They rob people blind and are allowed to get away with it because they know we have to have it by law. If the laws changed where insurance wasn't a legal requirement their companies would fold over night because people would not give their hard earned money to these jokes of companies who do nothing but rip people off and cause people nothing but grief.

One insurance company I had dealings with were going to charge me £250 to add someone to my policy, but when I rang back 3 weeks later, they charged me £25 instead. The same company, whom I paid my premium in full to (£1000), refunded me £400 after I had to cancel the policy because they wouldn't insure my new car... When I asked was it correct that I had been charged £600 for 4 months insurance, they couldn't provide me with an answer. Robbing bلstards.

I do not condone people driving without insurance, but I can really, really understand why they do. Jokers the lot of them!!!!
    Ignorance is temporary... Stupidity lasts forever.

Comment

OK folks(DAIR),insurance is a necessary evil.If you are unfortunate to live in a high risk postcoded area(especially Manchester area),you pay for the privilege.Renewal prices have risen due to the amount of claims from the winter weather,and,as you may well have heard,the "crash for cash" fraudsters.

If a company gives you a high price it's simply because they DO NOT want your business.No need to get upset,just find one that does.

Comment

Ive always wanted to know a way of becoming rich overnight, think I might start up an insurance company. Insurance has always been a rip, you pay thousands of pounds a year for a worthless piece of paper, and hope to god that you don't have to claim, and if you do you inevitably end up wey out of pocket anyway. Thats how I see it anyway
        Corsa Vxr, Soon to be Ring Ready

Comment

I was disappointed by Rowntree Randoms, I was hoping for all the different kind of sweets they do in one bag.

Comment

what i dont get with insurance companies is why dont they give you xxx amount back at the end of your policy as ncd doesnt always work same as nc protection as they will still list your accident on they database and use it against you even if its not your fault. i can understand why 90% of drivers in bradford have no insurance, it works out a lot cheaper if work it through. 6 points on a license they probably dont have,200-500 fine and 75 costs on average. where as the normal motorist now pays upwards of around £700 for insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrrob View Post
              what i dont get with insurance companies is why dont they give you xxx amount back at the end of your policy as ncd doesnt always work same as nc protection as they will still list your accident on they database and use it against you even if its not your fault. i can understand why 90% of drivers in bradford have no insurance, it works out a lot cheaper if work it through. 6 points on a license they probably dont have,200-500 fine and 75 costs on average. where as the normal motorist now pays upwards of around £700 for insurance.

OOOH,does that mean I'm not normal?£269 a year fully comp protected ncb.

Comment

Originally posted by s18dmw View Post
                i was disappointed by rowntree randoms, i was hoping for all the different kind of sweets they do in one bag.

wtf?

Comment

it is if you live in bradford mate. the worst postcode in the uk imo

Comment

because they wouldn't be able to pay the claims other policy holders make on there policies. When you deal with larger property and liability policies in excess for 5grand then there is a thing called a low claims rebate. If they did this on motor they simply couldn't survive. The motor market is running at a loss. NIG have stopped writing motor business along with equity red star on there open book policies.

do any of you that are moaning about the cost of insurance know how insurance works?
                    Last edited by rizo; 23 August 2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rizo View Post
                      because they wouldn't be able to pay the claims other policy holders make on there policies. When you deal with larger property and liability policies in excess for 5grand then there is a thing called a low claims rebate. If they did this on motor they simply couldn't survive. The motor market is running at a loss. NIG have stopped writing motor business along with equity red star on there open book policies.

do any of you that are moaning about the cost of insurance know how insurance works?
                      Yes. I ring them up and ask for a quote, they invite me in to their office and ask me to bend over and ram a baseball bat up my arsé (this process can happen in a multitude of insurance company offices, it's also known as finding the best deal (the smallest bat?) and then you make a decision on which hurts the less. Hand over a wedge of cash and drive around like a nervous wreck in case you are involved in an accident and are summonsed back to said office to get extra baseball bat helpings.

I think thats about the best I can do in a paragraph
                      Ignorance is temporary... Stupidity lasts forever.

Comment

Hi mate.
                        Although I hate to admit it Tjay is probably right about the Manchester Region.
                        Although I dont live in Manchester myself I know a couple of people without naming names who pay upwards of 3K so at the end of the day its a postcode lottery.
                        I also agree with the chap who said that if you dont claim should get some of it paid back.
                        Roughly half sounds about right.

it is if you live in bradford mate. the worst postcode in the uk imo

Comment

Just had a lengthy discussion with someone at elephant regarding my renewal.

Spewed the same old rubbish to be honest... Financial climate, labour costs, ect ect. He made some rather good points. However it still doesnt explain the random figures and increase in my renewal.

I one point I said "... Surely if I owned this current vehicle for 2 years without making a claim it proves A. Im a responsible driver and B. the area I live in isnt AS bad as you make it out to be. So surely my policy should be reduced" he responded by saying of course thats true BUT.... Went on to point out the financial climate and what not!

Its all just really a joke.

Comment

A part of me thinks the government would make a better insurer as these banks/private companies take the piss!

Comment

Working...
                            X