This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall/VXR prejudice...

I've taken to frequently browsing other 'performance' car forums when I'm bored at work lol and what strikes me time and time again is the sheer prejudice against the the Astra or more so Corsa VXR just because its a Vauxhall.

I've lost count of the number of threads I've read where its a case of "oh I wouldn't touch that, its a Vauxhall" or "at the end of the day its still a Corsa".

The funniest thing is most of it comes from someone who has never driven or owned either. I know car forums are gonna be prone to all this brand hate rubbish but just seems its worse against the VXR. Its chavvy (hello, asbo ST????), pants handling, bad interior, just not that fast etc etc. Oh and apparently the Corsa has a major issue with piston 4 according to the internet world

Makes me laugh when one of their own comes on to put the record straight who HAS actually had experience and then the tune changes completely.

Don't get me wrong, I know my car is not the fastest on the road, nor would I want it to be , but reliability aside, credit where credit's due VX have done a pretty decent job on their hot hatch performance (and tuneability) and as much as other marques very obviously hate to admit, it certainly can hold its own IMO.

Hey, my first ever rant.

Black Corsa VXR 222/246, Courtenay Stage 2, full Piper, Quaife LSD, Eibach Pro Kit...and no back seats
    Santa Pod 1/4 Mile 14.2 @ 99mph

you feel better now

just stop in the loving arms of vxronline
    sigpic

Comment

I'd say the Corsa does have a pretty major issue. Given the amount of cars that have had the same failiure, it's hardly acceptable for a moden production car.

Comment

hell with em, we know we're the best
        W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Originally posted by S18DMW View Post
          I'd say the Corsa does have a pretty major issue. Given the amount of cars that have had the same failiure, it's hardly acceptable for a moden production car.
          I was under the impression it was like, 10, in the 1000's that have been produced and on the road. And Cooper S's are apparently having the same piston 4 issue.

Black Corsa VXR 222/246, Courtenay Stage 2, full Piper, Quaife LSD, Eibach Pro Kit...and no back seats

Comment

There's a few more than 10...

Do a search on here, other main thing is the aircon pimp literally exploding.

Comment

Only in the hands of the very few my friend
              sigpic

Comment

I'm a bit bored at work today, just thought I'd add some fuel to the fire and watch it go from there

Comment

There's a few more than 10...

Do a search on here, other main thing is the aircon pimp literally exploding.
                  my car has had both of these problems i think mine was made on a friday afternoon lol
                  xbox addy -turboyoda85
                  Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Come on Astra vxR's are [email protected] lol......

Comment

I'm a bit bored at work today, just thought I'd add some fuel to the fire and watch it go from there
                      No kidding....! Besides my original point wasn't about reliability . Typical example below.

Re: Clio 197 Vs Corsa VXR
                      It really comes down whether you are a chav or not. Guaranteed, a chav will always go for the Vauxhall. Straight line speed is dull as f*ck, unless you are on a bike or something of equal pace.
                      I'll take the car that handles, thanks. Oh, is that the 197? Just as well, I'm not a chav.

neither am i but id take the vauxhall and have you drove the corsa or the astra vxr ?

I've not driven either. And I will probably not drive either, ever. The Astra is not too bad in terms of looks (not that it has anything to do with this thread) but the Corsa looks like a Halford's special. If the Corsa handled well, it would have handed the 197 it's ***** in that video. Not for me!

did you not read one of the posts before where the corsa vxr was better in evo magazine i do agree with you its not the best looking car but they do handle well and they sound awsome with the remus

Yeah, I saw that comment and remember it being posted a long time ago. It was a remapped Corsa, I seem to recall.
                      Okay, they might handle well but the 197 handles better, which is where I have more interest. Plus, the 197 looks great imo and not just because I have a Clio btw.

Comment

Only in the mind of the deluded Corsa owners

Comment

Thought as much

However you (we) are priviledged as VXRo members as we hear & see things long before the GP does and that also includes possible failures and reports on failures especially on mapped cars, as well as car development.

To appreciate fully these reports within the "bigger picture" you would need to know how many VXR Corsa's have been sold and how many warranty claims have been made and what they were for and only then would you see the percent that you speak of !

Do you have access to these figures or know what they are >?
                          Last edited by R15VXR; 24 August 2010, 01:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SkysieBaby View Post
                            No kidding....! Besides my original point wasn't about reliability . Typical example below.

It really comes down whether you are a chav or not. Guaranteed, a chav will always go for the Vauxhall. Straight line speed is dull as f*ck, unless you are on a bike or something of equal pace.
                            I'll take the car that handles, thanks. Oh, is that the 197? Just as well, I'm not a chav.

neither am i but id take the vauxhall and have you drove the corsa or the astra vxr ?

I've not driven either. And I will probably not drive either, ever. The Astra is not too bad in terms of looks (not that it has anything to do with this thread) but the Corsa looks like a Halford's special. If the Corsa handled well, it would have handed the 197 it's ***** in that video. Not for me!

did you not read one of the posts before where the corsa vxr was better in evo magazine i do agree with you its not the best looking car but they do handle well and they sound awsome with the remus

Yeah, I saw that comment and remember it being posted a long time ago. It was a remapped Corsa, I seem to recall.
                            Okay, they might handle well but the 197 handles better, which is where I have more interest. Plus, the 197 looks great imo and not just because I have a Clio btw.
                            Were you on cliosport.net or something? lol

Comment

Well if all that crap that is spouted on other forums is true, why is it then, that every breed of hothatch feels the need to drive right up my a r se and prove he is faster than me? Why?? Because they feel threatened and need to prove a point. All i do is look in my mirror and laugh...

Comment

Working...
                              X