This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone trip, MPG??

Got back from a fantastic day at silverstone yesterday after a long drive down and back in a day, boy it was tireing. Anyways i managed 34mpg, got there and back and did 360 miles on a full tank, fuel light just come on as i got home, this was motorway driving and a bit of town driving. Think the car did well tbh. Cost £60 to fill right back up to top with V-power. I know this is yet another boring MPG thread but just thought id let you people know.

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

got it to 32.4 mpg 140 mile round trip but i did have a play with an Audi just after Walsall roadworks.lol. dropped down rather quickly, oh well, it was economical till then i suppose, still only 1082 miles on clock.

Comment

i got 6.2 mpg round the track in mine

Comment

didn't go power fest but did go BTCC last weekend and got there and back on 3/4 of a tank and got 38.6 average over the 315 mile round trip!

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

I can only manage 260 miles on a full tank these days even though the trip is saying im getting 33 mpg.

Comment

Shold be gettin more miles than that to a tank matt

Comment

On the way home from Power Event most I got was 8.4 MPG
              sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Pretty good on fuel then burt.

Comment

I just done 360 miles coming home, and have 42 miles on my range
                  sigpic

Comment

Please with the veccie, few miles around MK then a gentle run home

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

I filled up after leaving the track to literally just under full and it used a quarter of a tank in about 50 miles.

Ive taken this problem to the dealers before and they tell me theres nothing wrong with it.

I know these cars arnt the most fuel economic but that is pathetic.
                      Rich followed me for a few miles to check for a possible fuel leak but could see nothing.

I wonder if it has something to do with the noise im getting from the brakes.

Just wondering if the noise is comming from the brakes and not the engine.

Obviously something is wrong but sick of getting fobbed off by the dealers.

Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
                      Shold be gettin more miles than that to a tank matt
                      Last edited by MattHVXR; 30 August 2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Needs investigating more then matt. Cant think of anythin else it could be

Comment

Topped the merv up to full with momentum 99 at Watford sat morning got home last night and was showing just below a quarter of a tank with 240 showing on tripometer ,I don't think that's so bad especially as I'd done 4 track sessions .I would normally get 320ish to a tank
                          sigpic
                          black 17" TD1.2's , 2.5" cobra stainless turbo back system with sports cat , courtney performance filter ,astra vxr rarb,led 501's & mtec's , heko wind deflectors x4 ,Cross hatch grille, alloy pedals and 225.6 BHP
                          1 OF ONLY 99 ARDEN BLUE MERIVA VXR'S IN THE UK......and this one's all mine !!!
                          1/4 mile in 14.642 @ 95.40 mph at Shakespeare sprint night

Comment

Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
                            Pretty good on fuel then burt.
                            My head says no but my foot says yes lol
                            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

did 812 miles over the weekend and managed 34.2MPG

got home with 21 miles left according to the trip computer from a full tank of v-power in MK
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                              X