This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to guide for vxmmi anywhere?

as title really looking at fitting my headunit 2mo an as a fitting manual didnt come was wandering if there is one on here, ive looked but i cant seem to find one.
    2008 Black Shaphire Astra VXR Ko6 Hybrid Turbo, Airtec Stage 2 Cooler, Piper 3" Decat and Resonated, CDTi Airbox, Bilstein B8's with Eibach Sportline Springs, Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar, Wavetrac Diff, Ksport 356mm Brakes, 18" Revolution Milleniums and lots more

plug out old and plug in new m8 as simple as that
    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

just need to run a couple of cables for the GPS and ipod, and make sure the transit screws have been removed from the laser head (they are hidden under a couple of little stickers on top of the unit) and thats it.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

can anyone confirm on this if i can enter board computer and the test mode?
        Or do i have to wait for this zenec which is like 300 more.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lukey_astravxr View Post
          can anyone confirm on this if i can enter board computer and the test mode?
          Or do i have to wait for this zenec which is like 300 more.

Thanks
          you can get into the BC with it mate
          but not the test mode
          you can get into that with the steering controls though
          there a how to vid of it on youtube somewhere

they are a good unit mate, best for compatability atm (at least until the zenec comes out)
          hope this helps you mate
          Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
          ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

Does the GPS antenna just run from the back of the HU up through the glovebox to the corner of my dash? Thats the main attraction of it to me. Thanks

Comment

Does the GPS antenna just run from the back of the HU up through the glovebox to the corner of my dash? Thats the main attraction of it to me. Thanks
              I plonked my GPS unit on top of the stereo itself, and it works just fine. I always get full signal
              sigpic

Comment

Picture mate? Is it easy enough to install?

Comment

Very easy, I dont have any pics, but the gps receiver is magnetic and just sticks to the unit itself. That way its completely out of sight and no need to run the wires everywhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome so i can pick this up for cheapest of around 600 quid?

Comment

Yeah, Ebay seems to be the cheapest place to by them.
                      sigpic

Comment

or on here mate
                        check the for sale sections buddy

iv seen a fair few go on here for the right price
                        Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
                        ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

Thats how i've run mine, it fits in perfectly down in that corner of the windscreen.
                          sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

wait till the zenec comes out just to compare but probably end up with one of these. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X