This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dirty police

was driving to work today in my van when i go to a round about the traffics were going round it and i noticed the girl looking at me so i moved onto the roundabout and they went right round the roundabout andf pulled me for not having my seat belt on the only problem is i did have it on the dirty fu'kers what should i do

If what you're saying is true, which i'm taking it is, then you need to make a formal complaint. If this officer has done this before then s/he may well have previous complaints about this type of thing. Even if s/he doesn't then s/he will now, and if he does it to someone else and they make a complaint then a pattern will start to build up about this officer.

I know this doesn't help your immediate situation, but Rome wasn't built in a day, if you know what I mean!
    sigpic

Comment

yeah mate thats true and what i am saying is true as i dont lie and i told them that to

Comment

Assume you was given a ticket. If so you have the option of not paying and having the matter heard at court, you have to either pay up or send the ticket back electing to go to court, this has to be done within 28 days from midnight of the date of issue.

Originally posted by dave.tam View Post
        If what you're saying is true, which i'm taking it is, then you need to make a formal complaint. If this officer has done this before then s/he may well have previous complaints about this type of thing. Even if s/he doesn't then s/he will now, and if he does it to someone else and they make a complaint then a pattern will start to build up about this officer.

I know this doesn't help your immediate situation, but Rome wasn't built in a day, if you know what I mean!
        The compliant wont stand mate. The officer is unlikely to risk their job, money and pension for the sake of a ticket which they will get nothing for issuing. By aall means feel free to do this though. Previious matters relating to an officers indescretion(s) would / could only be brought up at court. So for example if the officer had given out a dodgey ticket once this doesnt mean that they are going to over rule every ticket that the officer issues.

Comment

Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
          was driving to work today in my van when i go to a round about the traffics were going round it and i noticed the girl looking at me so i moved onto the roundabout and they went right round the roundabout andf pulled me for not having my seat belt on the only problem is i did have it on the dirty fu'kers what should i do

mate you saying a ''woman'' police officer went passed you looked at you ...went right back round the..... round about to pull you over for not wearing a seat belt when you where!!!.... WAKE UP DUDE she was on to you.. you should of give her your number... thats what i would of said..

dame your going to some length to get my number ..
          ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

The thing is though, for a member of the public, going to court over a seatbelt ticket wont help, as the court will believe the police (rightly so) and the OP will have a bigger fine and a wasted day.

If what the OP stated is true then the only thing that can be done is to complain about the officer. I know it wont make a hell of a difference, but it will make him feel better

I wouldn't recommend going to court though, as the chances of him being successful are very slim.

Just my opinion
            sigpic

Comment

sorry to jump in but jay can u answer me a question. think i may have been done speeding on monday not much 35ish in 30. it was a bike cop with a tripod but i was wondering do they have to wear the hi vis jackets as he didnt have his on.

Comment

No, he doesn't. Did you get pulled over?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by circles129 View Post
                  sorry to jump in but jay can u answer me a question. think i may have been done speeding on monday not much 35ish in 30. it was a bike cop with a tripod but i was wondering do they have to wear the hi vis jackets as he didnt have his on.
                  No they dont

Comment

No, he doesn't. Did you get pulled over?
                    No didnt get pulled over. He had his tripod up and all off the road in a street turn point that looks onto the road with speed camera sign across the bike

Comment

The thing is though, for a member of the public, going to court over a seatbelt ticket wont help, as the court will believe the police (rightly so) and the OP will have a bigger fine and a wasted day.

If what the OP stated is true then the only thing that can be done is to complain about the officer. I know it wont make a hell of a difference, but it will make him feel better

I wouldn't recommend going to court though, as the chances of him being successful are very slim.

Just my opinion
                      IF it went to court, the court doesn't take sides. However, if the officer has documented what they saw, time and place in their pocket notebook, this may be enough for the courts to make a decision. If not then the OP stands a good chance.
                      Arden Astra VXR
                      GCAP Stage 4

Comment

Some partnerships use bikes in addition to vans, which would explain the sign, guidelines are speed limit +10% + 2 mph so if you were doing 35 on your speedo you should be ok.

tbh complaining about an officer in these circs is not what the system is designed for, the officer believes you were not wearing your belt, you state you were, so it is down to the court.
                        Last edited by moeman; 1 September 2010, 11:13 PM.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                          Some partnerships use bikes in addition to vans, which would explain the sign, guidelines are speed limit +10% + 2 mph so if you were doing 35 on your speedo you should be ok.

tbh complaining about an officer in these circs is not what the system is designed for, the officer believes you were not wearing your belt, you state you were, so it is down to the court.
                          An speedo's tend to state your travelling slightly faster then you are anyway. I.E if it say 35 youll be more likely to be doing 32/33

Comment

Would be easier if all cars had illuminous seatbelts, lorries/trucks have red ones well most of the newer models so no mistaking that the belt is not on.

Just a thought

I have become a victim of "Your not wearing a belt" Black top, black seat and black seatbelt, but when I pulled the belt away from my shoulder the officer apologised and went on his merry way
                            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
                              I'm confused about this....if they pulled you then when they came to your car did they not see you had your seatbelt on?
                              Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                              Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Working...
                              X